Participate in the Work Place

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
shaebuckland

Participate in the Work Place

Post by shaebuckland » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could please help me with a few ideas on these questions :)

Explain the relevance of the following legislations to your work role and work place:
1) Occupational Health and Safety Act
2)Childcare Act

Also how does the Childcare Act impact on an assistants work role?

Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated :0
Thank you
Shae

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Participate in the Work Place

Post by LindyT » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi Shae,

I would like to help you.
could you please become familiar with the sites posting guidelines http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/c ... t1146.html

Please post the module number and what you understand so far about the question.
thanks

shaebuckland

CHCORG303A Participate in the Work Place

Post by shaebuckland » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 am

What I understand so far of the question is that the relevance of the OHS Act is that it provides guidelines on what is acceptable and what is not in the workplace. For example if there is a puddle of water on the floor that is a hazard and it is my duty and role to clean it up before anyone could slip and hurt themselves.

The Childcare Act provides guidelines for the rights of Staff and Families. It also provides childcare centres with guidelines on how the centre is to be run, policies and procedures for all staff to follow and abide by when in the work environment.

I feel that it impacts on my work role by giving me the information I need to perform my job properly. If there is something I am unsure of I can look at the Act and find the answer, e.g policies on confidentiality. Knowing what guidelines I have to follow to make sure I do my job to the best of my ability.

Thank you
Shae