On The Job: Excursion Notification/Permission Letter

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Lulu2811

On The Job: Excursion Notification/Permission Letter

Post by Lulu2811 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: On the Job Assessment
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Hi, Does anyone have an example of a letter of notification and permission to parents/guardians for an excursion? I need to plan an excursion for children and need to write a letter to the parents of the children. I am thinking of planning an excursion to the fire station or maybe the Zoo. (not sure if this is what everyone does but not quite sure what else to do, I thought of the Veggie patch at the Botanic Gardens but can't think of what type of exercises I might do when we are there...)

Also does anyone know how I am to conduct a Risk assessment for this excursion? I'm a little stuck in how it should look and if there is a specific format I should be following or if I should just list what I will be checking?

Thank you!!

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
This is only a simulated plan and I won't actually be undertaking it...

Also, can anyone tell me what they have done in the past when they have planned an excursion and they haven't been able to go due to weather or what happens if a child is sick during the excursion?

And sorry last question - I've not worked in childcare before or anything so I'm wondering what do you do if you are travelling and a child needs to go to the toilet and there isn't one nearby or during transit?

thank you again!!

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Planning an excursion

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Have uploaded some files for you to look at that may help you
If something occurs and you cannot go on an excursion you just inform parents about it or include it in the letter weather permitting
you may have to account if it is a paid excursion than it may have to take place another time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Re: On The Job: Excursion Notification/Permission Letter

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 pm

A similar question has already been answered on this forum. You can check it out here:

CHCCN511A - Notifying Parents of Excursion

:geek:,
L.A

Lulu2811

Re: On The Job: Excursion Notification/Permission Letter

Post by Lulu2811 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Thank you so much fefe76 and L.A! the files and link have been very helpful!!

Thanks again!! :)