Neglected infant/baby

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Neglected infant/baby

Post by Kaz » Tue May 21, 2013 7:11 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN305B: Provide care for babies
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
1. What strategies would you use to minimise the stress involved in regards to the separation anxiety. You will need to include observing for signs, interactions with child/parent, what you would encourage the parent to do and the importance of routines?

2. How will you show a calm and reassuring manner with infant/baby?

3. What do you feel would provide secure and consistent care for infant/baby?

4. How will you assess infant/baby needs and to whom do you report them to?

5. What are the different types and the Indicators of child abuse?

6. What are the unintentional injury patterns amongst babies, infants and children?

Find and name the Child Protection policy of service, state the procedure for reporting harm

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. I have none thing as of yet :/

2. I would get down to child level and speak in calm and soft tones, and ensure that my actions were along the same lines, slow movements as to not startle.

3. A routine that is regular, yet flexible. Regularly ensuring child that he was in a safe place and guide him in such ways; such as reassurance by cuddles and talking to him.

4. I would assess child through observations, talking to the foster parent and report them to my group leader and then onto my director.

5. *physical abuse: facial, head and neck bruising, lacerations and welts from excessive discipline or physical restraint and other bruising and marks that may show the shape of the object that caused it-e.g. a hand print or belt buckle.
* neglect: a poor standard of hygiene, excessive anxiety about being abandoned and non-organic failure to thrive.
* children living in situations where domestic violence is occurring: slow weight gain in infants, difficulties with sleeping/eating, unexplained physical injuries and difficulty separating from parents.
* sexual abuse: the child verbalises the abuse, age-inappropriate behaviour and/or persistent sexual behaviour and regression in developmental skills.
* Psychological abuse: lack of interpersonal skills necessary for age-appropriate functioning, inability to trust others and being markedly disruptive or aggressive.

6. Falls, choking and suffocation, food and small objects and electrical injuries.

Description and Message:

lumamelzemm
Participator
Participator

Re: Neglected infant/baby

Post by lumamelzemm » Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 pm

q;1 Practice separation ask the parents Leave the child with you for brief periods and short time at first
Keep familiar surroundings when possible and make new surroundings familiar so the child get use to
Have a consistency in staff

responding to in an unhurried, gentle and sensitive way to promote a relationship of trust
providing a relaxed and flexible atmosphere
provide physical comfort by holding or cuddling the baby while you separate them form parents