Match the example of thinking to the developmental descriptor for preschoolers

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
young
Participator
Participator

Match the example of thinking to the developmental descriptor for preschoolers

Post by young » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Our Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE010 Support holistic development of children in early childhood readings
Your Assignment Type:
Your knowledge: Beginner

I am stuck on this question please guide me

question and answer:

Q: Match the example of thinking to the developmental descriptor for Preschoolers.

Georgia (3 years 9 mths) is exploring paint using primary colours. She mixes red and blue together and notices that they make purple. She tells the Educator “I made purple. I’m going to do blue and green now!’”

Michael (5 years) and Archie (4 years 8 months) are playing a game of snap together. They decide to make the game more challenging by matching 3 cards together instead of 2.

The Educator and a small group of children are examining a collection of fossils. Mary (4 years 5 months) notices that two of the fossils have the same circular pattern on them. She states, “These are the same. I wonder what animal made this pattern?”

Jackson (3 years 6 months) is trying to build a block tower as tall as he is. Despite the tower falling over on a number of occasions, he shows determination and perseverance as he stays on task to complete his goal.

Two 4 year olds are playing with the camping equipment that has been set up outside. They have made their own tent using a sheet hung over a piece of suspended rope. Arianne says “We need pegs to hold it down so it doesn’t blow away.” After some searching she comes back with some large rocks and places them on the edge of the sheet to hold it down. She explains “That’s what my dad uses to stop his tarp blowing away.”

a. Preschoolers can show persistence in approaching tasks
b. Preschoolers can apply knowledge or experiences to a new context (situation)
c. Preschoolers can remember isolated parts rather than seeing the ‘whole’ picture
d. Preschoolers can observe objects and events with curiosity
e. Preschoolers can explore cause and effect

ATTEMPT 1: edcab
ATTEMPT 2: ebdac
feedback:Not all your responses are correct ( 2 incorrect) ,You moved one correct answer incorrectly, but also placed one in the correct area on 2nd attempt.
I can't seem to get my thinking cap on. Can anyone help me? thanks!

young
Participator
Participator

Re: Match the example of thinking to the developmental descriptor for preschoolers

Post by young » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Lorina wrote:QR_BBPOST ould say "ebcad"...

Hi, Lorina. I used your answer:ebcad. I send the email to centre the teacher, her reply email said the three wrong. I really need help, the game of snap together, I don't know exactly what games. I haven't got a clue, I really need help :( :(

Lorina

Re: Match the example of thinking to the developmental descriptor for preschoolers

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Ok... maybe the following:

ebdac

:geek:,
Lorina

young
Participator
Participator

Post by young » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:18 pm

Lorina wrote:QR_BBPOST You already did that...

Lorina

Lorina, thanks for your help. I still need help for this question.

young
Participator
Participator

Post by young » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Lorina wrote:QR_BBPOST You already did that...

Lorina
Hi, Lorina, I found some useful information from a website.I don't know how to add pictures, so I write that below.

remember isolated parts:

Preschoolers can remember isolated parts rather than seeing the “whole picture”, they:
are good at remembering isolated objects and often very good at "meomory" games.
have some way to go to see the "big picture" and look at how things relate one to the other.
know games have "rules" but are happy to make up their own or change the rules.

So, I think the correct answer is: e c d a b.