Managing An Illness & Evacutaion Procedures In EC

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
babeehg

Managing An Illness & Evacutaion Procedures In EC

Post by babeehg » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: ensure the health and safety of children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
i need to add more information to these questions ?

(1)What happened if children become sick? How are they looked after?
(2)What does the centre do in emergency situations (fires or bomb threats)?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
(A1)If a child becomes sick whilst in the centre, we recommend that the child be collected by their parent/guardian to ensure the health of the other children in the centre. If the child’s parent/guardian cannot come collect their child we have a quite area in the room so they can go lie down/ sit down and read a book or get some rest while they wait for their parent or guardian to collect them. The staff members will try to make the child feel comfortable by checking up on him/her, asking if they would like a drink of water and asking how they are feeling.

(A2)When it comes to an emergency situation we have emergency evacuation plans and practice once every 3 months. We get the list of names of all the children in the rooms and we do a count and also check that every child is out safely. All emergency exits must be clear so the staff and children can exit the building safely. Once everyone is out of the building we call out the children’s and staffs names to check that everyone is out and safe. We wait for the director to let the staff know if the children are safe or still in danger then the staff members can start making phone calls to parents/ guardians.

Description and Message:
i have finished this subject on ensure the health and safety of children but i got these 2 questions back from my tafe teacher sayin i have to add some more information dose anyone know what else i can add to this ?
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: needing more infomation

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Do you have a copy of the policy and procedures for managing an illness and the evacuation process? I think if you had these it will help add to your answer. Try searching for both of them in Google if you don't have copies of either of them.

:geek:,
L.A