Job roles assistants cannot do

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
catnap
Helper
Helper

Job roles assistants cannot do

Post by catnap » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCORG303B Participate effectively in the work environment RPL
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Hi. My question relates to various job roles as and assistant which I have covered so far without a problem. The next question is...... list 3 jobs which are not your level of responsibility as an assistant and who's roles would they be?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I am thinking the jobs I would NOT be responsible for would be admin duties as that would be for the Director. I also am thinking jobs relating to the babies room as that is not in my area either. Perhaps releif worker may come into this too?

Description and Message:
I did have a look at a job desciption of an assistant but currently don't have a copy of it at present. Just wondering if the above is on the right track, but having trouble thinking of 3 jobs that I would not be responsible for in the child care centre. As I am a student assisting group leader in OSHC and part of the time spent with Preschoolers in the play area.
thanks and hope to hear from someone as need to submit this by Wed morn.
Cheers! :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Job roles assistants cannot do

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:10 pm

As an assistant you cannot solely be in charge of a room.
You would not be responsible for rostering.
You are not responsible for programming and planning.

catnap
Helper
Helper

Re: Job roles assistants cannot do

Post by catnap » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi fefe! many thanks for your reply and info. I did kinda think of the programming and planning, but had not thought of the rosters! I have another quick question... about the role of a support worker at Child care centre, as not sure how to describe the job role. My friend says it is a the same as a relief worker, but I thought a relief worker was to come in and take the place of staff on holidays or maternity leave or if someone is sick. Or do I have to put a new post up for this info?
Thanks again
Cheers!