In need of help...

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
emily2207

In need of help...

Post by emily2207 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC301E Interact Effevtively with Children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Two children have recently immigrated to Australia from Italy with their family. They have just been enrolled with the service provider where you are employed. The children start next week. The parents speak a little English; however the children do not yet speak any English.

Question 1) How can you accomodate the new children and ensure that they have a smooth transition into the care situation?
Question 2) Explain how you can promote non-stereotypical and unbaised attitudes in children?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Mainly informing the other children that there will be new children coming into the rooms and that these children are unable to speak the same way they do. maybe get a translator in that is able to help the children and carers communicate.

Description and Message:
Hi everyone..
I am studying Cert III and am currently stuck on a few questions.. If anyone could help with this that would be so appreciated.

As above these are the questions and ideas i have for answers. Hope you can help in anyway possible. Thanks.
Two children have recently immigrated to Australia from Italy with their family. They have just been enrolled with the service provider where you are employed. The children start next week. The parents speak a little English; however the children do not yet speak any English.

Question 1) How can you accomodate the new children and ensure that they have a smooth transition into the care situation?
Question 2) Explain how you can promote non-stereotypical and unbaised attitudes in children?

The ideas i have so far a simple and not very imformative, such as; Mainly informing the other children that there will be new children coming into the rooms and that these children are unable to speak the same way they do. maybe get a translator in that is able to help the children and carers communicate.
As for the second question only being a good role model and keep imforming the children of appropriate behaviour towards cultural diversity.

As said above any help is very appreciated. Thank you :)

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: In need of help...

Post by cathiek » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:47 pm

HI there
It might be a good idea is staff can learn a few simple phrases such as hello and good bye, thank you etc in the child's home language. This will help them feel settled. also a few picture books about italy in your reading corner that you could get out to look at with the child. Even some posters put up around the place that relate to home. enquire as to whether the family have someone over here who could be interpreter at pick up and drop off time just for the first week or so so messages get passed on easily. See if any other children in the centre are from italy and introduce the children.
hope this helps
Cathiek

emily2207

Re: In need of help...

Post by emily2207 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 am

Thank you for your ideas they are great. I have been going over this question for ages, and I just wasn't getting anywhere.. Helps heaps. :)