HLTOHS300A - OH&S Issues In The Workplace

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
arleea
Participator
Participator

HLTOHS300A - OH&S Issues In The Workplace

Post by arleea » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HLTOHS300A Contribute to OHS processes
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Feedback on OHS issues
You have noticed two occupational health and safety problems in your current workplace or placement:
The first involves a number of workers not following appropriate hygiene practices, eg not washing their hands or cleaning down benches.
The second relates to inadequate lighting in the storage areas, hallway and outdoor areas.
With whom would you raise these issues? Describe how you would go about raising the matters so that OHS principles are applied.

Write two paragraphs explaining when and how you should contribute to workplace occupational health and safety discussions, including working with less experienced members of the workgroup.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
First scenario - not following appropriate hand washing, I would suggest talking to each of the staff members. Each centre has a set of policies and procedures that they must follow so I would refer them to these. Explain the dangers of not washing their hands correctly eg childhood diseases etc. Also talk to your director about including information about this on staff development days or throughout staff orientation, correct procedures displayed at hand washing facilities etc.

Second scenario, again go to the director. Most centres have like a register to write down things that need fixing and they have to comply. I know at my centre we have a staff meeting each month and we are asked whether we have anything we would like to report.

Description and Message:
N/A
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: HLTOHS300A Contribute to OHS processes

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:39 am

These responses are fine!

I'm not too sure whether you got these responses from this forum itself, because they sound very familiar! Just make sure that you write it down in your own words, if you are getting information from the topics in this forum.

:geek:,
L.A

arleea
Participator
Participator

Re: HLTOHS300A - OH&S Issues In The Workplace

Post by arleea » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi LA,

No i definately did not find this on this forum. Thanks for your advice greatly appreciated! :)

I do have another question, how do i go quoting things from the OHS act (instead of re wording them in my own words??)

Lorina

Re: HLTOHS300A - OH&S Issues In The Workplace

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:43 am

Hi Arleea,
I do have another question, how do i go quoting things from the OHS act (instead of re wording them in my own words??)

The answer to your question can be found in the following topic: HLTOHS300A Contribute to OHS processes

If you are asking a question in one topic please don't ask the same question in another topic in the forum. It creates confusion..

Cheers :geek:,
L.A