Help Please with Module 10 promote and provide healthy food and drinks

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jjkelly@iinet.net.au

Help Please with Module 10 promote and provide healthy food and drinks

Post by jjkelly@iinet.net.au » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Any help would be greatly appreciated I have to resubmit the following 2 questions and I am so confused! Thanks in advance

Case Study 1
You are working in an early childhood education and care service that asks families to provide their children’s snacks, meals and drinks for consumption throughout the day. A parent has begun sending juice in their child’s drink bottle, instead of following the service’s Food and Nutrition Policy, which states that children should only drink water when in care at the service. After discussing this with the parent, the parent begins to send colourless cordial in their child’s drink bottle.

Complete the following:
a) Which policies, typically available in an early education and care service, is this parent breaching? Identify two policies.
Food safety Policy and Nutrition and Active Play Policy. Refer attached documents.

Quality Area 2: Children’s Health and Safety
Standard 2.2: Healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children
Element 2.2.1: healthy eating is promoted and food and drinks provided by the service are nutritious and appropriate for each child.
Quality Area 6: Standards and Elements
Standard 6.1: Respectful and supportive relationships with families are developed and maintained.
Element 6.1.1: There is an effective enrolment and orientation process for families

These are wrong help?!

Case Study 6
A new educator has started working at your service. During meal times you have observed her making statements to the children like, ‘You won’t be getting any dessert unless you eat all of your lunch’, ‘Children who don’t eat all of their food won’t get presents off Santa Claus’, ‘I’m not giving you a drink until you eat all of your carrots’ and ‘Well if you don’t eat the casserole I won’t give you anything else to eat. You will just have to go hungry’.
Complete the following:
a) Identify the Education and Care Services National Regulation this educator is breaching by making these statements.

Element 1.1.2 – Each child’s current knowledge, ideas, culture, abilities and interests are the foundation of the program.
Element 1.1.5 – Every child is supported to participate in the program.

Part 4 Children’s Health and Safety
Division 1 Health, Safety and Wellbeing of Children

Both of these are wrong

Thanks Julie