Help

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
eli1361

Help

Post by eli1361 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE003, Provide care for children
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Aida’s parents have told you that she must never go to the toilet when boys are in the bathroom because Aida says she is uncomfortable. Your room has one large bathroom that is shared with the room next door.

b) Can you honour this request given your centre’s layout?

c) What are some of your concerns regarding this request?

d) How would you ensure the Aida’s self-esteem and privacy are protected, given the situation?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
b) Yes, of course, I need help for question c and d please.

Description and Message:

eli1361

Help

Post by eli1361 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:16 pm

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
b) Yes, of course.

c) Since we have one large bathroom that is shared with the next room so it is used for all kids and I can not ask boys to stay out of the bathroom for Aida to use the bathroom because some of them might lose the control of their bladder/bowel and it leads to toileting accident.

d) I would send Aida to the toilet with some girls.

Here is my answers, please check if it is correct.
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic has been merged

Lorina

Re: Help

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:37 am

Yes, you're on the right track :thumbup:

In my opinion, you need to think about the bathroom and it's location. At times when Aida may need to go other children will need to go as well. There is only one bathroom for both rooms and children may not be able to hold themselves while they wait for Aida to go. The toilet has been designed to accommodate all the children and their toileting needs... In saying this if Aida is uncomfortable whenever she needs to go you could go with her to ensure her that she feels comfortable. Maybe you could even encourage Aida to select a toilet to use at the end so it's a little more private. You could also ensure that the boys are only in there to go to the toilet and talk to the group as a whole about using the toilet appropriately... Overall you need to build Aida confidence and self esteem because it's practically impossible to make boys wait until she has finished...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A