Developmental Summary On Focus Child

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Chloe00

Developmental Summary On Focus Child

Post by Chloe00 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi.
I would like some help with understanding on how to write the development summary.

The question is:
Based on your focus child’s developmental summary, what are/skill/interest/learning outcomes would you like to work on to support/extend your Focus Childs development? Explain why you have chosen these area/s.

My attempted answer:
After observing Child A for serval weeks and creating a development profile about him, I have gained a better understanding of what his strong points are and what his weakness are. To extend his development and knowledge, I would...
this is all I have at the moment. Any hep is appreciated!

Lorina

Re: Developmental Summary On Focus Child

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:16 pm

OK, so you need to first identify what support you would like to extend upon and from here link it to the EYLF outcome. You should use evidence from your observations to show that you understand the child's needs.

For example:

Matt currently uses a palmer grip while holding his pencil. To support Matty use the correct pencil grip we will strengthen Matty's fine motor skills - L/O 3.2 - Manipulate equipment and manage tools with increasing competence.

Ref: How Children Can Achieve Learning Outcomes

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Chloe00

Re: Developmental Summary On Focus Child

Post by Chloe00 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks for that. It really helped :)