Creating Program Plans

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
emilyjflinn

Creating Program Plans

Post by emilyjflinn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:26 am

Hello, I am a bit confused how this is asking me to set it out. I did a task where I set out magnetic letters on a small white board and got the children to pick their name out from their little badges with their name on it and got them to copy the letters from the badge and use the magnetic letters and place them on the whiteboard to spell out their name. Am I following the correct guidelines below? The program is set out for a particular child whom is starting prep next year and hardly ever joins in on activities besides ones that have cars and some type of construction. He happens to be falling a bit behind on his letter and number recognition and hardly does any arts and crafts.

So for one activity we did the magnetic alphabet and I was thinking for another that I set up an art activity where he can use different coloured and shaped paper to make a car. Do these fit in with what I'm suppose to follow below because I'm just getting a bit confused.

Also for a baby I've set up to do a sensory bin with dyed spaghetti (blue) and some rice puffs (yellow/white) and get some of the small sea animals that are available (whales, dolphins, turtles etc) and creating an ocean sensory box for the baby.

Also for another activity I was going to sit down with him and sing 'old McDonald' and have a variety of farm animals (cows,horses, pigs etc) and sing "and on his farm he had a 'cow' can you point to the cow?" And then ask him if he knows the sounds the animal makes and so on. Am I on the right path or does it need to be more specific activities also what would I call these types of programs for each child? Below they have an example of a child whom needs a program which her communication and physical skills are able to develop further. What would I call each of these plans.

My assignment questions below --

Task 4: Program Plans

(1) Using the results of each child’s assessment as a basis, plan a learning and development program for each child, to address their profile and to suit their individual development needs.
For example, you may decide that 4 year old Mandy, who lives in an apartment, with parents from a non-English speaking background and attends pre-school, needs a program in which her physical and communication skills are able to develop further.
Your plan needs to support each child’s:
 Physical development
 Social development
 Emotional development
 Cognitive development
 Communication development

(2) You plan needs to detail the specific activities and experiences each child will undertake including timeframes and equipment or resources required.

(3) Your plan also needs to incorporate details of the environment you will create or provide to support holistic learning and development for each child.

emilyjflinn

Re: Creating Program Plans

Post by emilyjflinn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:34 am

Design the play environments.

Think about what equipment and resources you will use and where you will place them, taking into consideration the safety of the children and the aged groups of the children who will be using them.

Use your imagination and design environments that enable and encourage different types of play, for example, using water, sand, mud, gardens and plants. Use a variety of toys and equipment and various materials that will encourage children to be creative and engage in learning experiences. Your environment should:
 provide a range of experiences to stimulate children and aid learning, including those that allow exploration of natural materials, environments and experiences
 provide for unhurried opportunities for both group (collaborative) and individual play activities and experiences.

Your designs will probably consist of labelled drawings and plans, with lists of equipment. You may also need to develop a schedule to accommodate any changes to be made during the play session.

(4) Submit designs for three environments with lists of equipment and materials
(5) Describe how the information you have collected on each child contributed to planning for play and learning program.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Do you still need help?

Your experiences above sound good! And you're on the right track!!

:geek:,
Lorina

emilyjflinn

Post by emilyjflinn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Yes help would be greatly appreciated :) I'm unsure what to call those type of 'development plans' as I was only given the six above to use.

Last bumped by emilyjflinn on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:38 pm.