CHCRF301E Work effectively with families to care for the child.

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Debbie29

CHCRF301E Work effectively with families to care for the child.

Post by Debbie29 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:47 pm

I have this scenario on my assignment:

Jolanda decides to enrol Serena (18months) in your service. As a university student Jolanda’s full time study schedule varies from day to day. Sometimes her first class is at 8.00 am. On other days lectures don’t begin until 10.00 am. The same lack of consistency applies with last lectures of the day. On Wednesday she finishes at 2.00 pm whereas on Mondays and Thursday her final session ends at 4.00pm.

Describe the strategies you would use to encourage Jolanda to develop a consistent arrival and farewell procedure.
these are a couple of my answers:

• Make sure I’m always available to talk to when she is there, discuss with her the days activities. Overall try to build a collaborative and trusting relationship with her that will make her feel valued, welcomed and that she also belongs.
• Create a warm and welcoming physical environment..
• Encourage her to spend time in the room with her child at an activity of their choice, and then to say farewell to her child confidently and reassure her that she will be back at a specific time.
• Create a arrival and farewell procedure prior to when her mother leaves and arrives this will let Solanda know over time when her mother is going and will arrive to pick her up.
• Identify the concern letting her know its in Serenas best interests and that routines help children settle in much quicker giving them a sense of trust and safety in their environment.

I'm just a little unsure as to if I am on the right track or not?

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCRF301E Work effectively with families to care for the child.

Post by cathiek » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Sounds good Debbie - to reassure Mum you could let her know you will ring her if needed. Also just to keep discussion with Selena going for instance - 'Mum will be back when her school is finished' is enough to reassure a child. They don't need to know a time exactly.
Your answers sound like you are on the right track for sure.
Cathiek

Debbie29

Re: CHCRF301E Work effectively with families to care for the child.

Post by Debbie29 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Cathiek thanks so much for your input and extra advice, and taking a little time out of your day to answer me back, I really do appreciate it. :)
Now I know I'm on the right track I can get on with finishing this assignment and handing it in.