CHCRF301E - Report On The Orientation Process

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jpp1

CHCRF301E - Report On The Orientation Process

Post by jpp1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCRF301E Work effectively with families to care for the child.
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Orientation:
How long does this process take?

Write a detailed report for the above questions. Critically analyse your findings, for example:
Are there any strategies that could be put in place to make the process of enrolment and transition easier?
Does the process allow enough time for parent, child and educator to get to know each other?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Orientation:
How long does this process take?

The orientation procedure provides an opportunity to build the foundations for an ongoing partnership between the family and the service. Once a childcare place has been offered, the service guide’s the family through an enrolment process.
• Effective enrolment processes are very important as this time is used for families and childcare professionals to share important information about the child, family and the child care service.
• The process begins with a pre-visit. A pre-visit is where the child and family spend time at the service engaging in the experiences provided. After the pre-visit, the child often attends the service for half-days for a short period of time.
• During this time the child and their family familiarise themselves with the service and staff. Simultaneously, staff learn as much as they can about the child and their family.
• Depending on the parents situation time has to be allowed for parent and child to be apart of the programe 30 minutes to 1 hour Extra visits can be offered.
• Quality Area 6:standards and elements states.
Standard 6.1 Element 6.1.1 There is an effective enrolment and orientation process for families.

Findings.
It may be necessary to provide a number of options
for new families and children, without compromising the service’s current program, children, families or staff. Some suggestions include:
• An orientation breakfast, lunch, morning or afternoon tea at the service for children and families
• An orientation evening to introduce new families and staff
• An orientation BBQ or similar social event which includes new and current families and children, as well as staff

Description and Message:
I would really appreciate if you can let me know if I'm on the right track by the way i have written this up
thank you so much in advance :wave:
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Orientation:

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm

The information you have included is set out well however I think you need to provide more details in order to complete your report. Have a look at the orientation procedure at your work place and see if there is more that can be added to your response.

Check this out on how to write a report: http://www.canberra.edu.au/studyskills/writing/reports

The findings are well thought out and you have provided some good ideas which can be implemented into the orientation procedure.

:geek:,
L.A

jpp1

Re: CHCRF301E - Orientation Process

Post by jpp1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:23 am

Thank you so much for advice have had another go at this question and will post it again for review once again it helps just that you guys take a look and guide me in the right direction.