CHCRF301D Scenario - Parent searching quality care for Emily

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Misse84
Helper
Helper

CHCRF301D Scenario - Parent searching quality care for Emily

Post by Misse84 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm

CHCRF301D Work effectively with families to care for the child

Hi ladies and gentlemen :)

I am doing my assignment and I am a bit confused

Think about a parent searcing for a quality care for Emily , an 18 month old Karen , Emily's mother just has rung your centres doorbell . She is interested in touring your service . Emily is with her , Karen particularly wants to know how you might cater for Emily's food needs as she is on restricted diet due to coeliac disease

My confusing is because of this :

Relates to elements 1-5 and all related perfomance critieria except 2.2 and 2.4 etc etc

And 2.2 and 2.4 are : Make yourself available for parents to provide infomation'
Respond to messages promptly

Wouldn't 2.2 ( available for infomation ) apply to the question ? Since I would have to tell the mum about our lunch , and other food we provide ? our policy ?

Sorry if this is confusing , I might just ask my teacher on Friday

Thank you !

Lorina

Re: CHCRF301D Work effectively with families to care for the child

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi Ally,

I think all this question is asking is how you will accommodate Emily's dietary needs. For e.g. you will probably need to research "coeliac disease" and find what types of foods that are recommended. Then using this information come up with a menu plan designed specifically for Emily (unless of course some of the foods you provide to the children on the menu is part of those allowed for this specific dietary requirement).

Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A