CHCPR301A – Scenario: Concerns Over Children Dragging Slide

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jobell25

CHCPR301A – Scenario: Concerns Over Children Dragging Slide

Post by jobell25 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR301A – Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
During family group time when there is a mixture of children from different age groups, Holly and Rawinia who are both 3, are in the process of dragging the plastic slide to the other side of the yard so they can include it in their obstacle course. The plastic slide is very heavy and it has metal edges. They are trying to move it across the tanbark and onto the concrete. How and why does this situation present concern to you as their carer?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
First, I will talk to Holly and Rawinia , asked them what are you doing?? Maybe I can suggest to them leaving the plastic slide where it’s belong. And the other children can play with the slide. Tell them that it’s not a good idea dragging the plastic slide because it might fall upon on both of you. And you might hurt yourself and the other kids.

Description and Message:
Hi , I just found this site. I hope you could help me because I'm having problem with my assigmnet. Thank you
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCPR301A – Scenario: Concerns Over Children Dragging Slide

Post by cathiek » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi Jobell25
The first thing that occurs to me is can you ask the children if they can see an easier way they can do this? Perhaps they could look at moving the other obstacle course stuff over to the slide rather than the other way around, however give them the opportunity to work this out for themselves, you just provide the guiding questions. this enhances both their play and their learning
Hope this helps
Cathiek

jobell25

Post by jobell25 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi Cathiek
Thank you very much for your help. Does it mean i will not include my original answer anymore. Just some guiding questions only??

Jobell25

jobell25

Post by jobell25 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Cathiek
thank you very much again, I already submit my assignments and i passed.

jobell25

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Good on you Jobell.
Good luck with the rest of your assignments.
Cathiek