CHCPR301A PROVIDE EXPERIENCE TO SUPPORT CHILDREN'S PLAY AND LEARNING

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
KPL

CHCPR301A PROVIDE EXPERIENCE TO SUPPORT CHILDREN'S PLAY AND LEARNING

Post by KPL » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:35 pm

HI ALL I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE A LITTLE HELP WITH A QUESTION FOR THE BELOW SCENARIO.
THE SCENARIO IS "A GROUP OF 3 TODDLERS WERE PLAYING IN THE SANDPIT.EACH CHILD HAD A SCOOP DIGGING INDEPENDENTLY.ANN(CARER)WATCHED THE CHILDREN AS THEY DUG IN THE SAND.REBECCA(15MONTHS) PUSHED HER SCOOP INTO THE SAND AND THEN REACHED FOR A TEAPOT NEARBY.REBECCA PICKED UP THE TEAPOT AND BEGAN TO FILL IT WITH SAND,DEMETRIUS(18MONTHS)WHO WAS SITTING NEAR REBECCA LOOKED AT HER AND WENT TO GRAB THE TEAPOT,REBECCA PULLED THE TEAPOT BACK OUT OF HIS REACH SO DEMETRIUS LUNGED FORWARD TOWARDS REBECCA WITH HIS MOUTH OPEN.

THE QUESTION I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP WITH IS. ....HOW WOULD YOU MEET THE INTERESTS,NEEDS AND ABILITIES OF THE CHILDREN.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
KL

Lorina

Re: CHCPR301A PROVIDE EXPERIENCE TO SUPPORT CHILDREN'S PLAY AND LEARNING

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Hey KL,
HOW WOULD YOU MEET THE INTERESTS,NEEDS AND ABILITIES OF THE CHILDREN.

For this scenario, the children are playing in the sandpit, using the spades to dig. To meet the interests of the children think about activities such as using plastic scoops and containers in the sandpit, adding a sensory table to the indoor/outdoor area with wet sand and plastic moulds, buckets and spades. You could also add a water table with containers and spades. Another idea is to have cooking equipment set up in the sandpit that the children can play with. You could also extend on this by adding a kitchen setup in home corner and using play dough to cook with.

Regarding the little boy who is biting it is obvious that he is doing so because he wants the teapot. When setting up the experiences just make sure there are 2 of the items/equipment so the children can share them. Otherwise another idea would be having a staff member close to that particular child to keep a watchful eye on him.

I hope this should give you some ideas to work with,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

KPL

Re: CHCPR301A PROVIDE EXPERIENCE TO SUPPORT CHILDREN'S PLAY AND LEARNING

Post by KPL » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi L.A

Thanks so much for your advice on this question.I was on the same path with my thoughts and just needed some reassuring.

again thanks

KL :thumbup: