CHCORG303C - Cultural Diversity And Workplace Relationships

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jaymielee

CHCORG303C - Cultural Diversity And Workplace Relationships

Post by jaymielee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:51 pm

Can you please double check/assist with my answers below, I don't know whether I am on the right track or not? :/

CHCORG303C Participate Effectively in the Work Environment

Question: Give one example of how individual cultural diversity may affect workplace relationships.
My answer:
Miscommunication often results from cultural misunderstandings and presumptions and can cause negative tension and conflict between individuals, teams and management within the workplace. When conflict arises between individuals, both parties may become frustrated or disgruntled, which creates a negative atmosphere which in turn, directly affects staff morale and relationships. Strong workplace relationships are essential for career success. Being able to effectively communicate with others will make the workplace stress-free and more enjoyable.

Question: Identify 2 strategies you could implement to show respect for cultural diversity in the workplace
My answer:
1. Understand and honour differences
2. Celebrate the benefits of diversity

Or should I be putting something from the perspective of an educator to children, such as:
1. Plan experiences and provide resources that broaden children's perspectives and encourage appreciation of diversity
2. Encourage children to listen to others and to respect diverse perspectives

I read into things too much! Thanks in advance :)

Lorina

Re: CHCORG303C - Cultural Diversity And Workplace Relationships

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Your responses are good! :thumbup:

For the question of identifying strategies I'd choose this:

Plan experiences and provide resources that broaden children's perspectives and encourage appreciation of diversity
2. Encourage children to listen to others and to respect diverse perspective

:geek:,
Lorina

jaymielee

Re: CHCORG303C - Cultural Diversity And Workplace Relationships

Post by jaymielee » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Thank you so much for your response! :)