CHCORG303B - Actions To Take When Given Instructions In The Workplace

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
samjlk

CHCORG303B - Actions To Take When Given Instructions In The Workplace

Post by samjlk » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCORG303B
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Professional

Your Question?
Describe what actions you take when you are given instructions in the workplace and what would you do if you were experiencing difficulties with those instructions?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I was looking for some advice on where to start. I just cant get my head around where to begin with this one?
Any help would be appreciated.

Description and Message:
I was looking for some advice on where to start. I just cant get my head around where to begin with this one?
Any help would be appreciated. :D

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re:CHCORG303B - Actions To Take When Given Instructions In The Workplace

Post by cathiek » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Is that the full question?? If so, I would assume that the answer would be something like, clarify what is required of you to ensure you understand the request, ensure that the request is in line with OH&S, ethical standards and in line with the EYLF etc (it very much depends on what the instruction - this is a very broad question!!)
Also if you are having difficulty following the instruction, let the person who asked you know, but not just by stating 'i can't do that' but by offering alternatives that you have thought of. For instance, if you are asked to move the easel to a particular location but you notice that this will then block access to the toilet door, offer alternatives. "I had a go at moving the easel but I noticed that the toilet door was then unable to be opened, I thought perhaps on the other side of the window might work?" I know this is a lame scenario but you get the idea.
I hope this helps
CAthiek

samjlk

Re: CHCORG303B - Actions To Take When Given Instructions In The Workplace

Post by samjlk » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:29 pm

It does help..thanks a lot.
I think i will talk to the person that set the question as well. The fact it is a very broad question is my problem. Thanks again
Sam