CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
TheresaGasparin

CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically

Post by TheresaGasparin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi,

Im really stuck on question two. Suggest two appropriate actions that would be required to address this breach. Would it be something like reporting the breach to my director? I can seem to find any information to help me answer this question. Please help. Am i on the right track with the rest of my answers?

Q1: In signing Joseph out to his Aunt Sherri, has the staff member committed a potential breach of policy, an actual breach or no breach at all?
My Answer to this question so far. Yes this is a breach of Policy.
Only parents/guardians and authorised nominees are permitted to collect the child.

Q2: Suggest two appropriate actions that would be required to address this breach.

Q3: Describe two proactive solutions you can suggest to Aminata to improve the policy and practices relating to the collection of children.

My answer so far: Aminata could ask the parents if Aunt Sherri could be added to Joseph’s Enrolment form.

Teresa occasionally babysits for some of the families whose children attend the service. Aminata doesn’t mind that some of the staff earn additional money doing this as long as they make all appointments out of hours and always maintain the privacy of the service and the families who attend it.
You are working with Teresa at the art table when one of the mother's approaches and starts to discuss babysitting times with Teresa. It doesn’t take long for the conversation to turn to other areas and Teresa and the mother are openly gossiping, within hearing of the children. You can clearly hear what they are saying and as it turns out so can Tom, the son of the parent being discussed!

Question: Is discussing babysitting jobs inside of the service potential or actual unethical conduct?
Select the correct answer.
My answer so far: Unethical Conduct
Question: Suggest two appropriate actions that you would take in this situation.
Answer 1: Confront my co- worker and discuss the issue with them.
Answer 2: Reminded her about her duties & responsibilities as a childcare worker.

It is the 1st of the month and you are on opening shift with Aminata. She asks you to update the Belonging Tree for this month’s birthdays. The Belonging Tree shows the birthdays for every child. On each child's birthday, he/she is invited to be King or Queen for the day as part of the birthday celebration. All of the children sing Happy Birthday in a variety of languages.
Aminata reminds you that she has checked the enrolment form and Joseph’s parents have indicated that they prefer his birthday not to be celebrated, as he is a Jehovah Witness and the practice of that religion is not to celebrate birthdays.
You feel unsure about not celebrating Joseph's birthday.. You know his parents have every right to ensure the service follows their request in this area, but he is just a little boy.

Question: Briefly describe 2 alternative strategies to ensure Joseph feels welcomed and accepted. Include the source that you used.
Develop a celebration policy
Celebrating and discussing different ways and different holidays that the families celebrate together to help children to feel comfortable with those different from them.