CHCLEG001 - Difference Between Legal and Ethical Frameworks

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
CB1992

CHCLEG001 - Difference Between Legal and Ethical Frameworks

Post by CB1992 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi,
I am having difficulty with what is properly one of the easiest questions to answer but I have researched and thoroughly looked through my study book and have not been able
to find a proper answer, as i suppose that there are different industries that interpret this question differently to which is why I cannot find the answer on the internet. I have looked on this website to see if anyone else has asked the question but they have not.

The question I require help with is: Explain what a legal framework is and what an ethical framework is?
I guess what is throwing me off is the word count to it as well.

My somewhat answer is: a legal framework is a set of rules and/or procedural steps that are established
and I don't have anything for what is an ethical framework.
Any help would really be appreciated.
Thank you, CourtB

Lorina

Re: CHCLEG001 - Difference Between Legal and Ethical Frameworks

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:33 pm

A Legal Framework - A Legal doctrine is a framework, set of rules, procedural steps, or test, often established through precedent in the common law, through which judgments can be determined in a given legal case (for early childhood NQF - National Regulations and Law).

An Ethical Framework -A Framework for Making Ethical Decisions. MAKING CHOICES: A FRAMEWORK FOR MAKING ETHICAL DECISIONS. Decisions about right and wrong permeate everyday life. It first provides a summary of the major sources for ethical thinking and then presents a framework for decision-making. ( ECA - Code Of Ethics)

:geek:,
Lorina

CB1992

Post by CB1992 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Thank you very much Lorina for taking the time to answer my question, I appreciate it.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

You're most welcome!

:geek:,
Lorina