CHCIC302A - Diversity of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Julz76

CHCIC302A - Diversity of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders

Post by Julz76 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC302A - Support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander families to participate in children’s services
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Report on the diversity of two different Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander populations (eg Ngunnawal and Yolngu peoples) that might be present in a community or children’s services organisation. Upload your answer for assessment.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
So far I have googles Ngunnawal and Yolngu.
I have found out what parts of Australia they come from one is from Canberra called Ngunnawal countrym the other is from north-eastern Arnhem Land in the NT.
I was thinking of listing language, clothing, dance, songs, stories, ceremonies and dream time.

Description and Message:
I can't seem to find anymore info on them. I was going to list language, clothing, dance, songs, stories, ceremonies and dreamtime, but I can't find any info on these two populations and what they did.
Can anyone please let me know if I am on the correct path and where I can find some info.

Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: APPLY UNDERSTANDING OF IMPACTS OF COLONISATION ON ABORIGINAL AND/OR TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PEOPLE AND COMMUNITIES

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:58 pm

I've added some informative links on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in another topic which may be useful to you. You can check the info out in the following link:

HLTHIR404B-Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders In Brisbane, QLD

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Julz76

Re: CHCIC302A - Diversity of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders

Post by Julz76 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Thankyou for your help. I passed my unit.

Julie :-)