CHCIC301E - Stages of Development Influencing Behaviour

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jazzally

CHCIC301E - Stages of Development Influencing Behaviour

Post by Jazzally » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC301E Working effectively with children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
The developmental abilities of children influence our understanding of what to expect of them at a given age/stage of their development. Think about a 9 month old baby, a toddler, a 4 year old, an 8 year old, write down one typical developmental characteristic of each child which might influence their behaviour and then write down what you think would be an appropriate response to that behaviour based on the age and l developmental stage of the child.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I havent got anything for this one as yet, because Im not sure what its actually asking? Sounds silly i know but ive read it over and over and cant quite comprehend what it is that im supposed to e putting down! Does the 1 typical development need to be the same for each child?

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCIC301E - Stages of Development Influencing Behaviour

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:56 pm

With this question you need to look at the child's development for each age mentioned and link it to how that particular development influences behaviour. For example, an infant will use actions to express themselves... Meaning If they don't like food they will spit it out they are not doing it to be naughty they are doing it because that's how they communicate. Check out the following article available in our Wiki--->Child Behaviour:

Stages Of Behaviour

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Jazzally

Post by Jazzally » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:02 pm

I've got learning to tie shoe laces for the 8 yr old, learning to write their own name for the 4 yr old, learning to self feed for the toddlers and learning to hold their own bottle for the 9 month old ......right track?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Ok, so with what you mentioned how might it influence each child's behaviour... For example toddlers get upset when they don't get what they want because at this stage they are becoming independent... If you need a list of development milestones check them out in our Wiki under Child Development.

You need to come up with how the development you choose is related to behavior.

L.A

Jazzally

Post by Jazzally » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Haha! Yeah I read my last comment and went well that doesn't make sense haha! 9 month old I have crying/expression of feelings 4yr old attention span/listening skills,toddler biting and 8 yr old story telling/lying :) thanks for your input L.A I appreciate it

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Glad you thought about it! Sounds much better! :thumbup:

L.A