CHCIC301D - Respect Similarities and Differences

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
J3SA

CHCIC301D - Respect Similarities and Differences

Post by J3SA » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:29 am

Identify a situation where you would respect similarities and differences or encourage children to respect them. Describe strategies that you would use and any responses or outcomes to the strategies you would use.

Module: Cert III CHCIC301D - Interact Effectively with Children

Lorina

Re: CHCIC301D - Respect Similarities and Differences

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi J3SA,

A situation that may come up could be a child with a disability begins at the centre you are working.

Strategies you could use include:

- Becoming familiar with the impairment or disability.

- Showing a positive, patient attitude towards the special equipment or care needed by the child.

- Providing accessible play facilities.

- Encouraging child's efforts.

- Allow children to ask question and provide honest answers.

- Encourage children to include child in games and activities.

Hopefully this should give you a few ideas,

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Another thing could be obviously differences in races and culture
So you would familiarise yourself with that childs culture and talk to the parents to understand any thing that would help you regarding the child
If the child does not speak English well perhaps learn a few simple phrases and teach the kids those phrases so you can communicate to the child simple things "sit down" "time to eat" "toilet" etc ...until he learns to recognise the commands in English
You could (which i used to do) learning about different children in different countries. I would show the children pictures of children from all different countries and show them on a globe where AUstralia was and where these children lived and how their houses and food and clothes and language were different to ours but they still liked to play and do all the things that Australian children did
I used to bring in foods from different cultures for the children to try ... taught them to use chopsticks :lol: was funny watching them try, but some got it! We learnt about different festivals of different cultures too.

I feel in a multicultural society understanding various cultures and having the children learn about them from a young age is very beneficial

J3SA

Post by J3SA » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:26 am

Thankyou so much to both.

My assignment is now finished and handed in. :)