CHCFR301D - WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT FOR LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bellamy

CHCFR301D - WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT FOR LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE

Post by bellamy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFR301D
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
In my assignment the question is who should you contact for language assistance

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I thought i may be speech therapist but not so sure about that answer. Been banging my head over it for day Could anyone help me with this please

Description and Message:
Need to be put wright on this help is really needed

lumamelzem

Re: CHCFR301D - WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT FOR LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE

Post by lumamelzem » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Bicultural Support

assist in the initial settling-in period of children from CALD, refugee or Indigenous backgrounds for a limited period;
provide initial language assistance to children, parents and staff, in order to help families and the service communicate;
introduce the child’s culture to the service by assisting children, staff and parents to develop and present multicultural games, songs, food, and culturally appropriate activities;
assist staff to understand diverse cultural practices and child rearing practices in Australian society; promote children’s self esteem about their cultural heritage; and encourage maintenance of, and support the development of, the child’s home language

bellamy

Re: CHCFR301D - WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT FOR LANGUAGE ASSISTANCE

Post by bellamy » Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for answering it helped me greatly. Someone also sent me an e-mail saying inclusion support agency.