CHCFC301A - Reinforce Health, Safety and Hygiene

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
poooja_mehul

CHCFC301A - Reinforce Health, Safety and Hygiene

Post by poooja_mehul » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC301A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
hi there,
I am having a bit difficulty with some of the assignment questions, if anyone can help me with this would be appreciated. The questions are as follows:
1.Choose one of the age groups (0-2, 2-3, 3-5 or 6-12 years). Think of 5 activities that you could provide to reinforce safety or hygiene with the children. Remember to include role modelling in your activities.
2.How would explanations for children’s nutritional needs vary according to their ages?
3.Case studies/Scenarios :The babies and toddlers have been grouped together for the end of the day. You have three two and half year old boys, a ten month old boy and a 14 month old girl. They are in a play area and their parents are not expected for another hour.
a)What guidelines would you establish for the toddlers?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
My attempts for this questions are as follows:
1)0-2:
-Washing hand
- Nappy Changing
-Cleaning and sterilizing baby bottles and toys
-Ensure beds and bedding conform to health, hygiene and safety requirements as relevant
- Ensure food preparation, handling, storage and serving areas comply with recognised state/territory food safety and handling requirements.
2)For children’s nutritional needs according to their age group will include:
• Healthy eating patterns
• Body image
• Anorexia
• "Diets"
• Menstruation
• Sexual development
3)
a) I'd establish the guidelines where toddlers will not play with babies' toys, and make sure they don't leave their toys in the way of the babies. Keep a close eye on toddlers during play and be ready to step in quickly if anyone’s on the verge of lashing out. When children are upset, redirect them to a new activity or separate areas of the room. Help them to relax or divert their attention through comments such as, “Would you like to cuddle and read a book or play by yourself at the light table for a little while?”

Description and Message:
I tried to complete this assignment but my trainer is not satisfied with this answers and I don't known what to add on or not correct with this answer, if anyone could help me to answer this questions then that would be a good help.
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Support the development of children

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:15 pm

I think you may be a little confused on what the questions are referring to.

For the first question you need 5 activities that you could do with the children to re-enforce safety or hygiene. Such as:

1) Bathing dolls- in soapy water using a wash cloth.
2) Tooth brush collage - cut out a mouth with teeth and a big tooth brush for the children to decorate, stick together.
3) Bubble Art - wash hands with lots of soapy water, discuss why we need to use soap. Trace child hands on white paper. Use colored water and straws for children to blow bubbles on their paper hands. Dry.
4) Sneezing Song - I think --I am going to sneeze ..(ha chew!) I think --I am going to sneeze ..(ha chew)If you sneeze, pass the tissue please....Ha Chew, Ha Chew, Ha Chew -
5) Unsafe Cards - find photos/pictures of unsafe issues around the home and discuss with the children on how they are unsafe and what to do to make it safe.

For the second question, you need to provide explanations for children's nutrition according to their age. You've misunderstood what the question asks. See if this helps:

[attachment=0]food_nutrition_early_childhood.pdf[/attachment]
For the third question, you can set up a separate area for the toddlers to play in. You can add activities to suit their interest such as block play, building, lego, drawing etc. They should be careful where they are playing, pack away after they finish playing, play quietly.

Hopefully this helps you to understand the questions. Just make sure you re-check your answer with the question to see if it makes sense or not.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.