CHCFC301A - Activities for Fine, Gross Motor Skills & Jaw Development

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jenngare
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

CHCFC301A - Activities for Fine, Gross Motor Skills & Jaw Development

Post by jenngare » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Support the Development of Children
CHCFC301A
Support the Development of Children CHCFC301A
CHCFC301A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
What equipment, games and toys should be provided access to, to help develop fine and gross motor skills and jaw development?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Such things as play dough, cutting, tearing paper, finger puppets, threading or lacing, building with small blocks and painting with cotton buds or eye droppers are good for fine motor skills. For gross motor skills things such as bikes, climbing, balls, skipping, running games, dancing and balancing beams. To allow jaw development as educators we need to provide time for the children to have morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. We need to ensure that the children have a variety of foods to allow the development of the jaw.

Description and Message:
I am mainly concerned about the jaw development. I am not sure if i am on the right track or if i should be looking at other resources.

Thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Support the Development of Children

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:23 pm

The activities and experiences you provided for both fine and gross motor skills are good.

I have never heard of jaw development before. However, I did find some information on activities/exercises that child can do to strengthen their jaw muscles. Maybe this can help with your response.

[attachment=0]oral_motor_exercises.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jenngare
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Re: CHCFC301A - Activities for Fine, Gross Motor Skills & Jaw Development

Post by jenngare » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Thank you for your help this sight has helped greatly.