CHCECE003 Provide care for children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
winnielaw_202

CHCECE003 Provide care for children

Post by winnielaw_202 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi all, would you please help me these scenario.

1. Ryan, who is 18 months old, has just begun attending an early childhood education and care service and enjoys exploring the outdoor environment. He is having trouble climbing up to the top of a small platform. He will stand on the bottom of the ladder and hold onto the sides, but is reluctant to climb any higher. What can you do to support and encourage Ryan to meet the challenge and take the risk of climbing to the top of the platform?

2.John is playing blocks with Cara and Anusha, John becomes frustrated when a block continually keeps falling off his construction. How would you respond to John? How would you validate his feelings and emotions?

3. Nikki is 4 years old and has just moved into a new house. Nikki has been saying she doesn’t want to go home as her house is very big and makes lots of strange noises. Before moving Nikki had been very excited to move into a bigger house but now she is becoming more distressed as the end of the day approaches. What will you do to support Nikki during this time of change?

4.Jessica (3.2years old) arrives at the centre in winter wearing high heel shoes and a short sleeve princess dress. Her father proudly explains to the educator that the clothes are a present from family overseas. In consideration of the children’s health and safety how should the educator respond to the father?

5.A child is happily playing with a small group of children but then gets up and walks away. You observe that one of the children becomes frustrated as this child is walking away and he yells at the child saying ‘you must play’. Would you do anything to bring the child back into the group? Why or why not?

Thank You!

nawnaw
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCECE003 Provide care for children

Post by nawnaw » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:02 pm

hey, i was just wondering how you did with these questions? as i'm doing them now and i'm struggling

Lorina

Re: CHCECE003 Provide care for children

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 pm

nawnaw wrote:hey, i was just wondering how you did with these questions? as i'm doing them now and i'm struggling

If you could add your suggestions I could check them...

:geek:,
Lorina