CHCCS400C - Scenario: Ethics Regarding Naughty Chairs In EC

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Annejean

CHCCS400C - Scenario: Ethics Regarding Naughty Chairs In EC

Post by Annejean » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Cert three child services
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
It has been long day, you observe Gemma your fellow educator yell at peter(3.5yrs) over the day.several times he hit, yelled and pulled other child's hair when try to get attention or to get toy he wanted. Gemma told him several times use your words and to distract him, but didnt help. Gemma got angry at Peter and is telling him to sit in the naughty chair.

1. What are the ethics around naughty chairs?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I'm not really sure sorry, is it like gives Peter time to reflect why he is on the naughty chair, time for Gemma to remove herself away from the situation??

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Ethical dilemma

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:50 am

Basically this question is asking whether or not ethically naughty chairs should be used in early childhood settings.

Ethically it isn't right for early childhood educators to use naughty chairs or a naughty corner when managing a child's behavior in early childhood settings, it isolates and belittles a child.

As part of the code of ethics, early childhood educators should:
Create and maintain safe, healthy environments, spaces and places, which enhance children’s learning, development, engagement, initiative, self-worth, dignity and show respect for their contributions.

I am also going to attach a copy of the Code of ethics for you to have a look at.

[attachment=0]code_of_ethics_ early_childhood.pdf[/attachment]
Can you also please tell me the module number for this assignment so I can add it to the heading...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Annejean

Re: Scenario: Ethics Regarding Naughty Chairs In EC

Post by Annejean » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Thank you, my husband and I were talking about this the other night, thinking it can't be good for this child. You have set me off on the right track. My model number I think is - chccs400c. Thanks again, sometimes you just need need a little clarification that we are on the right track. :)