CHCCS400A - Work within legal and ethical framework

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bff_fangaz

CHCCS400A - Work within legal and ethical framework

Post by bff_fangaz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother you all, but I my brain has died and I am stuck on one of my questions and am looking for any bit of help that might point me in the right direction.

Question/Task: Prepare a document for a new staff member to give her a quick lesson on legal and ethical issues within their role
and that will cover the following areas:
1. Overview of the legal system
2. Types of Law
3. Importance of ethics in practice
4. Strategies for addressing comon ethical issues
5. How to work within legal and ethical framesworks (including mandatory reporting responsibilities); and
6. Principles and practices of confidentiality.

300 - 500 words!!!!

Aaarrggghhh - I don't know where to start.....

Oh, and then I have to name 3 strategies that I would use to get the new staff member to demonstrate their understanding of and adherence to their work role and responsibilities?

I put down:

observation - observe them at work to ensure they have an understanding and are doing the right thing
policy - get them to draft a policy/ or update a policy to demonstrate their understanding
case scenario - give them one and ask them to complete some questions on what they would do

AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK with this part of the question??

Any help - muchly appreciated.

:-)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCCS400A - Work within legal and ethical framework

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:30 am

http://www.hstac.com.au/csassessment/un ... s400a.html
this is an assessment guide of what they think you should know etc in this unit.
maybe it can help you.
i have shown this site to a few ppl i have worked with doing their cert 3 and they have found it useful

hope it helps

bff_fangaz

Post by bff_fangaz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks fefe -
not sure i can use this link to write my 300-500 words, but a good outline of what they are after.

anyone else?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Hey Fangaz,

Just an idea for this assignment you should probably go through the Childcare Act/Childcare Regulations and use the information from these two documents as part of your assignment. When working in this industry these are the 2 most lawful documents that as a childcare worker you need to be aware of... You can break down the info from the Childcare Act/Childcare Regulations into the different headings as it says in your assignment and provide details of related information.

If you need a copy of the Childcare Act/Regulations let me know and I can post them up for you,

Will this help in anyway?

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

sume

Post by sume » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:27 pm

please have a look my assignment,i am studying in oten which is distance learning without any help from teacher and student, i am really look forward for your help.I know this is very help full side for student .I attached my copy of assignment to you for help. thanks sume
THIS IS MY EMAIL ADDRESSED PLEASE UPLOAD THE ANSWER WITH MY ASSIGNMENT: {EMAIL ADDRESS DELETED}

please reply me as you can as earlier possible,
I WILL APPROPRIATE WITH YOUR HELP
Last edited by admin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited Post Heading

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:02 am

I have read the assignments & your answers and what your marker has added in for you, she pretty much has indicated what information you are missing in your answers so you just need to go back and read up on those things and add them in.

She mentioned referencing and plagiarism ... you cannot write things out of a paper or text word-for-word without referencing it... not referencing it means you are passing someone elses work off as your own and in Universities this is a serious issue, at my Uni if you did this is sometimes ended in suspensions! I know TAFE is not University but plagarism is plagerism and it is always good to get into a habit of referencing your work properly.
So please be careful, you can google how to reference or better still read something, understand it and then write it in your own words.

You said you are studying without the help of a teacher, all correspondance courses have support systems, I did my study through TAFE correspondance and I was assigned a tutor.

I realise that this is one of your first assignments and as such you may be unaware of what the marker requires. If in doubt always contact the section and talk to a teacher
.... this is what was written by the marker on your answer document so obviously you can get help...so if you are really confused or stuck call them up and ask to speak to someone who can assist you. NO study provider will expect you to do a qualification with NO help!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 am

Hi Sume,

This is just a quick one to let you know that I have deleted your email address from your post. For security reasons, we suggest that you dont give out your email address in forum posts since it is seen by everyone (including guests, spams and Bots). However, all registered members can simply use the inbuilt email system on our website itself to email or private message to others members. To do this, click on the member's name (when you are logged in) and select "Email (username)" or "Send Private message" option. This way, your actual email address is not displayed on screen.

Thank you for your understanding..

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Sume,

I know you must be feeling a little distressed, having to re-submit your assignment but don't worry this will help you understand the information you gather a lot better and this will happen less often as you get used to the assignment questions and what is required....

I am going to try and help you out however I will need the questions for the TASKS you will need to re-submit. So, would you be able to post up those questions...

I will have some time tomorrow to help you sort this out!

L.A

sume

Post by sume » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi
L.A my name is sume yesterday sent you my assignment task sheet and question sheet but i think you did not get my question sheet please help me with this assignment.
i am attached my question and answer sheet again. thanks L.A
i am look forward your help by

i am sorry for bother you but i need your help please, i am waiting for your help thanks sume
LA012040_CHCCS400A_Ed2_Assignment1(off the job).pdf
Last edited by sume on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi Sume,

Sorry my mistake I missed it...

I had a quick glance at it and I can give you some pointers for this assignment :thumbup:.

I'll have some time tomorrow morning so I will write to you then...

L.A

bff_fangaz

Post by bff_fangaz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks L.A :-)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:39 am

Hi Sume,

Good morning!

Once again I had a look through your assignment questions and I re-read the answers. Your answers that you provided for your assignment are copied and pasted directly from this forum for this particular assignment. For example:

Task 2 - Answer 1 As an untrained worker ideally it is not your responsibility to be in charge of the program. In the job description it does state “contribute to the development and implementation of the child care program”. This means sharing your thoughts and ideas with your room leader about activities and experiences which can be written up on the program.

I noticed that you copied the above answer from this link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=35&t=172

Like this I have noticed that many sections of your assignments are simply copied from various responses in our forum. I would just like to point out that it’s great that you researched and found the answer to your questions however the responses given in our forum are very general and are only provided to you so you can get an idea on what information is required for each question. This is important and it goes to all students: When doing your assignments, the whole aim is to make sure that you understand the question, research and write the answers in your own words!

Also, if you are using the information from this site, it’s important to give reference to this website… Please don’t feel disheartened in anyway, I just want to make sure that you understand the purpose of our support.

Regardless to say I will help you out with the questions you need to resubmit... I am hoping the information I wrote will give you an idea on what your answer should be....

Task 1 Question 2

2. What will you do in the short-term? What would be your longer term team strategy? 5 marks

- Have a discussion with Belinda about confidentiality and let her know what she did was unethical.
- Provide her with a copy of the centers confidentiality policy.
- During a staff meeting talk to all team members about confidentiality, how important it is and that gossiping should not be tolerated.
- Hand out to all staff “Code of Ethics”.
- Conduct a workshop for team members to gather a better understanding.

Task 3 Question 2

2. How would you support Jill in approaching appropriate services? 5 marks

- Gather and collect information from the Department of Education in which Jill can contact to contact.
- Find and print fact sheets about equal opportunity and anti-discrimination.
- Contact schools within the area to find out what you can do for Fleur.

Task 4 Question 2

Follow the Centre’s and DoCS’ protocol and make a report. Remember to outline your reasons for concern and include any concerns you have concerning Jesse’s siblings.

-For this report just note down the situations in the scenario provided that mentions Jack, his behavior, the way he reacts to Ian, physical signs and what he says to you.

For example:

Over the past 3 months I have noticed changes in siblings Jack and Jesse’s Baker behavior. Jack Baker has formed an anxiety over loud noises and on more than one occasion I have noticed slight brusing on his upper limbs. When I discuss the brusing with Jennifer Baker (the mother) she says that it is due to his developmental stage and increased mobility…etc. etc. etc…

I hope I have given you some ideas on how you can improve your assignments.

L.A

sume

Post by sume » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:51 pm

sorry l.a i know i bother you too much i did not get anything from reading into my unit,
i have some problem as well so i need your help.
at this question could you provide me direct answer that i can put it my answer sheet.
I am very very sorry for bother you, thanks sume,

Task 4 Question 2

Follow the Centre’s and DoCS’ protocol and make a report. Remember to outline your reasons for concern and include any concerns you have concerning Jesse’s siblings.

-For this report just note down the situations in the scenario provided that mentions Jack, his behavior, the way he reacts to Ian, physical signs and what he says to you.

For example:

Over the past 3 months I have noticed changes in siblings Jack and Jesse’s Baker behavior. Jack Baker has formed an anxiety over loud noises and on more than one occasion I have noticed slight brusing on his upper limbs. When I discuss the brusing with Jennifer Baker (the mother) she says that it is due to his developmental stage and increased mobility…etc. etc. etc…

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:40 am

at this question could you provide me direct answer that i can put it my answer sheet

Sorry Sume, I cant do that...I have given you some tips on how you can answer your question already...I can see that you want to complete this assignment, but you need to put in your effort to try and come up with your own answer. Remember, we are here to help and support you and not giving you the answers to write in your assignments. If you want further help, why dont you post your answer in your own words from what you have learnt so far and I will have a look and tell you if you need to add anything further to it or not..Even if you think you might be wrong, its okay..Dont be embarrased, but you have to try.

Please note that I have deleted your second post since you dont need to double post. Your questions will be replied to in time.

Also, please read our Forum Rules and Policies before your next post so you understand the regulations for asking support in our forum. Some of the points that I wish to quote are:

Rule A-13) Bumping a topic (or) replying directly after your own post is only permitted after 48 hours have elapsed. Priority is generally assigned to topics in chronological order, so excessive bumping will result in longer wait times. Once you post your topic, generally you may receive a response from our support team or from other members within 24-48 hours (note that this is only estimation and not a guarantee). So we request our members to be patient and wait at least 48 hours before following up your own post.

Rule B-2) When posting your topic, rather than simply typing the question and expecting it to be answered, please provide your answer or your understanding for that question so other members can help you with anything you may have missed or misunderstood. You must understand that our members are there to help you with your study and NOT for providing you with answers.

I would appreciate your understanding...

L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey Sume,

Like L.A mentioned just re-read through the scenario and write down the situation (like mentioned in the scenario) about what you observed about Jack and his family situation.

You have noted changes in both Jack and Jesse’s behaviour during this time. Jack’s anxiety about loud noises has become more pronounced over this time and he has some slight bruising on his upper limbs which his mother puts down to his developmental stage and increased mobility. When Ian arrives one day to collect the children. (Jennifer has made him an authorised contact person), Jack clings to you and screams. He eventually settles and both children go home with him. You feel a little unsettled about the situation however and wonder if the children are at risk of, or are being significantly harmed.

A week later, Jesse attends the centre wearing a jumper even though the day is very warm. As the day gets warmer, you offer to take his jumper off but he is reluctant. At sleep time, you convince him to remove it. As he gets into bed you notice bruising under his t-shirt sleeves. You ask if you could see his arms and not bruising to both upper arms, one at the front and three on the soft underarm, resembling finger marks. You ask Jesse how he got the marks and he replies “Ian got cross at me for telling a lie”. You immediately tell him that you would have to tell someone who could help because it was not ok to hurt children.

In your report write down what you witnessed "Jack’s anxiety about loud noises has become more pronounced over this time and he has some slight bruising on his upper limbs which his mother puts down to his developmental stage and increased mobility" etc, Jack's family situation "Jennifer Baker has a new partner. Ian, who has been living with her and the children for the past three months" etc, your reasons for concerns You ask Jesse how he got the marks and he replies “Ian got cross at me for telling a lie" etc... All the information provided is in the scenario, use the information provided to write down the report...

Just try and do it and post it up and I will check it for you...

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Sume - imagine u r working in a childcare centre and are in a room with this child Jack and you are witnessing the scene in the question.
Think about what you would do, how u would react and if your Director asked you to write it down for her how you would report his situation to her.

You have to try and understand and learn to write things in your own words, asking people to put answers in your assignments is not fair on them (they are not here to do your assignments, only to guide & help u) and its not fair on you (you will never learn if u get others to do your work for you)

No offense but personally when I read someone just wanting the answers I feel they are unwilling to understand and can't be bothered to do the work themselves.... and it makes me uncomfortable....try and do it and post your answer on here and we will read through it for you and guide you if you are still not doing it correctly