CHCCS400A Work Within A Legal And Ethical Framework

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tay.babesz

CHCCS400A Work Within A Legal And Ethical Framework

Post by tay.babesz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 pm

I am having some trouble with this question & senario.

Element 4. Recognise And Respond When Client Rights And Interests Are Not Being Protected.

There will be times when the service provided to a family DOES NOT meet their needs. There will also be occasions when a family feels they have been unfairly or poorly treated. Often there will be a need to balance the needs of the child with the rights of the family.

SENARIO: The Last Straw!

The educator suspects that jake has ADHD. His behaviour is often erratic and he can be verbally and physically aggressive when his needs are NOT immediately met. The educator has been trying for several months to have jake assessed, but his parents refuse to believe there is and problem and describe the educator's concerns as an over-reaction. In their opinion, Jake is simply a 'typical boy'.
Today Jake is having a particularly bad day. He has already caused havoc by tipping the paints onto the floor and then walking paint onto the carpet. He was involved in several spats with children when playing outside. Just before lunch, jake was sent to the bathroom with Kent and Chen. Jake started splashing water on Chen and when Chen retaliated by splashing water on Jake's T-Shirt, Jake hit Chen and pushed him over. Chen's face hit the tiled floor and his lip was split. The educator, Helen, rushed to attend to Chen. Kent told Helen that Jake had pushed Chen. Helen turned to Jake, grabbed his arm and propelled him towards the door. 'Go out and wait for me Jake!" Jake screamed abuse at Helen and kicked her legs. By this time another educator, Anik, was on the scene. Anik picked Jake up from behind and carried him outside, where he released Jake. 'Jake you need to calm down'. Jake ran to the back of the playground swearing abuse at Arik. Later in the day Helen said to arik 'I've had enough of Jake. I want him out of here. I don't care what his parents say.'

THATS THE SENARIO BUT I NEED HELP WITH THE QUESTIONS:
What are the rights of

A. Jake's Parents?
B. Jake
C. Chen and other children
D. Helen and Arik
E. Suggest a possible course of action in relation to Jake

HELP ME !!!!!

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCCS400A Work Within A Legal And Ethical Framework

Post by LindyT » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:22 am

Hi tay.babesz I moved this post to Certificate 3 in Children's service from Ask a child care professional as this is where assignments belong,

Please include your understanding of this assignment.