CHCCN305B - Scenario: Subhani, Jack, Simon

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jey

CHCCN305B - Scenario: Subhani, Jack, Simon

Post by jey » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN305B PROVIDE CARE FOR BALBY
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Subhani has arrived at the Centre with her six month old son Nicholas. It is Nicholas first day in care today as Subhani is returning to part time work.
b. How will you learn more about Nicholas?

The Centre has been closed for two weeks and all equipment has been cleaned and stacked up. The baby’s room needs to be set up for the children to return. Most of the children who are coming into this room played here before the close.
c. When selecting equipment for a service what standards should it comply with?

Jack is 18 months old and his mother Sasha has decided that he should not have his bottle at lunch time. Jack has one bottle in the morning and one at night. For lunch Sasha has provided a bottle filled with lime cordial, a can of spaghetti and some cracker biscuits. .

a. What impact could this type of diet have on Jack’s development?
d. How would you talk to his mother to ensure you respect her wishes and values?
e. What service policies would you refer to when discussing this with Sasha?

Simon has telephoned the Centre to ask about placing his 8 month old daughter Freya into care. The Centre has vacancies on the days Simon wants. He has also contacted two other Centres who have vacancies and wants to know about this Centres program and environment. Amy is the Group Leader in the baby’s room and she is going to speak to him.
c. Simon is particularly concerned about sleep time. Outline the exact routine in relation to the sleeping policy at the centre. ( eg: monitoring of sleeping children)

e. What service/centre policies would you mention to justify your response?

You have just commenced as the driver of the childcare centre bus. One of the children you will be collecting is an infant of 3 months.
b. Where would you access the correct information on the legislation regarding children travelling in cars?

c. When required to take a group of children of various ages for example the 3 month old baby, a 2 year old, a 3 year old and a school age child on the bus what would you need to consider when getting the children into and out of the vehicle..

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
b. How will you learn more about Nicholas?
I should always refer to centre's policies and guidelines, which outline the specifics of what the centre offers in regards to care for a child.

c. When selecting equipment for a service what standards should it comply with?
- Keeping children safe
- Maintaining clean and hygienic environment

a. What impact could this type of diet have on Jack’s development?
Jack is not having a healthy and nutrition food for lunch time and as the childcare providers we are intend to provide a healthy food for children. We should offer another type of drink instead of cordial and it’s important to discuss some healthier alternatives with Jack’s mother. If she hasn’t got time to prepare a meal for Jack, maybe we could offer an alternative option such as sandwiches etc.

d. How would you talk to his mother to ensure you respect her wishes and values?
I would say to her when Sasha comes to pick him up or drop him off. I would give some brochure and printed paper what kind of food Jack need in his age. And then I would suggest her instead of cordial pack with water and fresh fruit.

e. What service policies would you refer to when discussing this with Sasha?
It can be sensitive situation when I discuss with Sasha. I would refer to Code of
Ethic. And I would provide brochures to Sasha

c. Simon is particularly concerned about sleep time. Outline the exact routine in relation to the sleeping policy at the centre. ( eg: monitoring of sleeping children)
The baby’s room the routine will be followed closely to the one already implemented at home. So Simon can write down the routine of Freya and I will implement it as closely as you can within the babies room but this can be is discussed further when he comes for a tour of the centre.

e. What service/centre policies would you mention to justify your response?
The regulations that would be valuable to mention would be ones regarding nutrition,
Healthy and safety, behaviour, code of conduct as well as duty of care.

b. Where would you access the correct information on the legislation regarding children travelling in cars?
Where children are traveling in cars seating no more than 8 people and fitted with seat belts for each person, 7children may travel under the supervision of a responsible adult staff member. Children travelling in car must be restrained by a seat belt of safety capsule.

c. When required to take a group of children of various ages for example the 3 month old baby, a 2 year old, a 3 year old and a school age child on the bus what would you need to consider when getting the children into and out of the vehicle..
- Each child has an approved car seat.
- All children placed into their seat.
- Make sure everyone in their seat and they have seatbelts bulked up.
- Ensures that the child safety lock to not open the doors or windows.
- Make sure driver not turn on the music on the driving way to concentrate driving.
- Make child remember to wait until when I open the door for them.
- Ensure that the children wait on the footpath until get out young children.

Description and Message:
I JUST STUCK SOMEQUESTIONS. ANYONE COULD YOU GIVE ME BETTER IDEA OR ANSWER.

I TRIED ANSWER LIKE THAT AND I FAILED.

AND NOW I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA NO MORE.

COULD YOU HELP ME?
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCN305B - Scenario: Subhani, Jack, Simon

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Here is what you need to consider for each of the questions...

Q1: You will need to add what you will do to find out more not just refer to policies and procedures. Just think practically... If a new child is to start in the room you were working what would you do? For example: talk to parents about child’s interest, ask parent to write routine down, talk about preferences with eating, find out what child does at home etc.

Q2: You should also consider the interests of children, what they enjoyed playing with before, new equipment/resources, developmentally appropriate resources etc. Those are some ideas you will need to look up the standards that reflect these.

Q3 E) Code of ethics is not part of the service policy. It could be Food and Nutrition Policy.

Q4: I am attaching a Safe Sleep and Rest policy you can view.

[attachment=0]Safe_Sleeping_Rest_Policy.pdf[/attachment]
Q5: In the regulation it may be - Children leaving the education and care service premises.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jey

Re: CHCCN305B - Scenario: Subhani, Jack, Simon

Post by jey » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 am

thanks. L.A

YOU ALWAYS HELPFUL.