CHCCN303B - Items of Interest For Physical Care

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jpp1

CHCCN303B - Items of Interest For Physical Care

Post by jpp1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:39 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN303B Assessment 3 Task 1 PROVIDE CARE FOR BABIES
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Choose 2 items of interest for each of the 4 topics stated below related to providing physical care for children aged 0-12 years. You should have eight items.

• Rest
• Hygiene/toileting
• Food
• Clothing

Outline how each item could be used in a children’s service by educators, parents or older children.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Outline how each item could be used in a children’s service by educators, parents or older children.

REST

BABIES SLEEP 3-12 months OUT LINE
http://www.abc.net.au/parenting/babies.htm

All babies are individual this guide can give us a Basic and General idea about sleep patterns and routines

The item could be

• Shown to a parent that has voiced her concerns with baby not sleeping

• If an older child has mentioned about younger sibling waking up through the night

• Educator could copy and make a flyers to leave in babies room for parents

FOOD
NUTRICIA ADVISORY SERVICE

IRON INTAKE FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS
PAMPHLET:

Iron is a vital mineral for infant health and growth. Studies show a positive link between children’s iron status, learning and behavior. This pamphlet give us some foods that contain iron recipes etc.

• Left in Staff room for educators to read through
• Added into Information sheets
• Add the service name into the Community resource file which families can access
• Post up in Kitchen area.

Description and Message:
Can anyone give me a heads up if i'm on the right track in my answers and any ideas.Also how to share with older children has me a bit stumped. i am going to use a handwashing poster for an item and outline that it can be put up in the toileting area to remind children and educators.
I'm worried that i might just repeat myself in the answers to each item.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: collection of documents

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:50 am

For this question I don't think it is referring to articles or information that can be collected for each topic. I think it's actually referring to an item that can be used for each topic. For example:

Hygiene - tissues and hand sanitize
Clothing - sunhat and old shirt (used as an art apron)

This is just to give you an idea,

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

jpp1

Re: CHCCN303B - Items of Interest For Physical Care

Post by jpp1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:17 am

jpp1 wrote:Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN303B Assessment 3 Task 1 PROVIDE CARE FOR BABIES
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Choose 2 items of interest for each of the 4 topics stated below related to providing physical care for children aged 0-12 years. You should have eight items.

Items can be : FACT SHEETS PAMPHELETS,BROCHURES,ETC

• Rest
• Hygiene/toileting
• Food
• Clothing

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?

REST

BABIES SLEEP 3-12 months OUT LINE
http://www.abc.net.au/parenting/babies.htm

All babies are individual this guide can give us a Basic and General idea about sleep patterns and routines

The item could be

• Shown to a parent that has voiced her concerns with baby not sleeping

• If an older child has mentioned about younger sibling waking up through the night

• Educator could copy and make a flyers to leave in babies room for parents

FOOD
NUTRICIA ADVISORY SERVICE

IRON INTAKE FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS
PAMPHLET:

Iron is a vital mineral for infant health and growth. Studies show a positive link between children’s iron status, learning and behavior. This pamphlet give us some foods that contain iron recipes etc.

• Left in Staff room for educators to read through
• Added into Information sheets
• Add the service name into the Community resource file which families can access
• Post up in Kitchen area.

Description and Message:
Can anyone give me a heads up if i'm on the right track in my answers and any ideas.Also how to share with older children has me a bit stumped. i am going to use a handwashing poster for an item and outline that it can be put up in the toileting area to remind children and educators.
I'm worried that i might just repeat myself in the answers to each item.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Sorry I didn't realize that the items can be brochures, pamphlets etc... To me an item sounds more like something that you could use rather than read...

Anyway, you're pretty much on the right track with your response. The hand washing poster is a good idea however that is already usually displayed in a Childcare centre. Maybe instead you can show a poster of how to cover mouth when sneezing or blowing nose with tissue. I've seen some children use their clothes! This can also be used for older children too.

Another for rest could be an article about the importance of rest for a child.especially for the older ones who don't usually sleep they still should spend half an hour doing a quiet activity to rst their bodies... If you research it I'm sure there is info available or you can do relaxation exercises for children...

For food you can also do nutrition or the healthy food pyramid. Explain how much a child should be eating during the day as well as rather variety of different foods they should be eating.

For clothing you could do sun safety, wearing a wide brim hat and t shirt with sleeves ( should be info on this if yu search). You could also do wearing cooect foot ware. At my previous centre children were only allowed towear enclosed shoes..

Hopefully this gives you some ideas,

:geek:,
L.A

jpp1

Post by jpp1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:08 am

Thank you so much for your input,it was just abit hard trying to think how to use these items in different ways in childcare to parents etc
at least i know im on the right track