CHCCN301C - Items Of Interest Related To Physical Care

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Strawberry

CHCCN301C - Items Of Interest Related To Physical Care

Post by Strawberry » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: (CHCCN301C?) - Collection of Documents
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Choose two (2) items of interest for each of the four (4) topics stated below related to providing physical care for children aged 0 – 12 years. You should have eight (8) items.
• Rest
• Hygiene / toileting
• Food
• Clothing
Outline how each item could be used in a children’s service by educators, parents or older children.
Attach each item to your assessment and ensure that the website address is clearly marked.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have tried google searches, and my own personal thoughts on what items I could say. But mainly just having trouble understanding the question at hand if I'm on the right track.

Description and Message:
I know it might seem like a really silly question because this is probably one of the easiest assessments given but for the life of me I can't think of what they mean by items of interest relating to those four things if I have to explain how the item can be used. Would it mean for items of interest for Hygiene/Toileting perhaps hand wash? which can be used to provide good hygiene to prevent the spread of germs within a Centre? maybe for Food; utensils? to promote proper eating habits for later on in life?.. honestly, I feel like hiding my head in a hole because I basically just want to know what they mean by said question :oops:

Lorina

Re: (CHCCN301C?) - Collection of Documents

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:43 pm

I've already answered this question before... See if the following info helps:

CHCCN303B - Items of Interest For Physical Care

:geek:,
L.A

Strawberry

Post by Strawberry » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 am

Oh gosh! I even had a look to see if anyone had asked it previously before posting, it's just not my week haha. But Thank you L.A it has helped me a little :) I think i was on the same path as you thinking item meant more so something you can use. But perhaps I can do a mixture of both as the question said it "can be"; fact sheets etc. So I'll see how I go.

Some things I thought of were maybe for hand wash teaching the Children after going to the toilet, playing outside or before eating the Educators could sing a song with them relating to hand washing to get them to wash them properly. It would help parents and older Children out too because good hygiene skills are essential at home too to prevent sicknesses and the spreading of germs within the Family.

I also thought maybe for food, Educators can promote Parents to bring a piece of fruit for morning tea, and maybe a few days a week the Centre could provide meals to make sure the Children are getting the recommended levels of Nutrition by ways of; fruit, vegetables and sandwich platters served with milk. Another item I also thought I could use is the Dietary guideline pamphlet which Educators could make readily available for Parents to take home, maybe even include healthy recipes in the weekly newsletter.

Hoping I'm on the right track but I'm going to give it a go anyway.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:54 am

You've got some pretty good ideas! :thumbup:

I'd say you're on the right track!

:geek:,
L.A