CHCCHILD401A - Legal & Ethical Issues Concerning Abuse

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
koz-moz

CHCCHILD401A - Legal & Ethical Issues Concerning Abuse

Post by koz-moz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 am

hi all,
im working on my final question for CHCCHILD401A - Children at risk for my cert 3.
had to identify the ethical and legal issues concerning abuse. ethical is done but only have a few legal issues in my response
this is what i have but expecting i will reqire more...

Visitation disputes - Custody disputes – an issue may arise if a parent arrives at the childcare centre to collect their child on days they are legally not allowed

not finding much on 'legal issues' any help, sudgestions/ thoughts appreciated :-)

jas
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Annie1

Re: CHCCHILD401A - legal issues concerning abuse

Post by Annie1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Are you working in childcare?
if so they will have a policy on this and it will tell you all you need to no and how to deal with this situation.
I know with my work we can only refuse a child from being pick up by another parent if it is documented by the courts/police that he or she can not pick up the child, and this would have been in the child's profile folder and all staff would be aware of this matter.
Not sure if that will help good luck.

Julz76

Re: CHCCHILD401A - legal issues concerning abuse

Post by Julz76 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:29 pm

I had a similar questions it was written:
What other lawful instructions should you be aware of?
I put
Restraining orders
Supervision & custody orders
Privacy & confidentiality of info
Child protection laws
Manadatory notification

Hope these help