Case study Please help i have gone brain dead

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jomnw74

Case study Please help i have gone brain dead

Post by Jomnw74 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCHILDB
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
5yr old boy coming in to care has been fine, well behaved but since he holidays thehas becoming aggressive and picking fights with his peers .
Has become aggressive towards male staff member and the other males entrying the centre.Child wearing jumpers long pants on warmer days and refuses to take them off even when he is showing signs of overheating .Hi clothing catches on a table and reveals a mass of red welts and recent scaring from burns .It has also noticed that child has been drawing explicit sexcual pictures.
1.List the indicators of risked discribed in the sceanario.
idenifity some of the ethical isssues that may arise when responding to this scenario
Describe the actions /work practices you would take as a follow up from the report.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
3. monitor childs behaviour speak with parents to see if they have notice any change at home and see if they a seeking some help.Let them know of what statgies you have in place so you can work togther as a team .If family as seeking more support offer appropicate community services.

That is as far as i can think

Description and Message:
I am have a hard thinking aside the box today can any only prompt me with more ideas please. :?

Sarah1995

Re: Case study Please help i have gone brain dead

Post by Sarah1995 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 am

1. the child is showing sign's of fears. The abuser is most likely a male and the child male develop a strong hate for all males in the future.

Ethical issues - parent may not know what is going on, he/she could be in denial. Child may cover up the story as he may be scared of what will happen next.

This sort of problems you would have to report to your room leader or the centre director, they will then follow up the claim with DHS or child protection.

Hope this helps. :)