Abuse Affecting People Regardless Of Age, Culture, Gender

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jiya

Abuse Affecting People Regardless Of Age, Culture, Gender

Post by jiya » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Discuss how abuse is dynamic in that affects people not matter their age,culture,gender,sexuality or disability?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Abuse affects all age,culture and disabilities.When children or young people are abuse they feel shame and sadness and they can't develop trust for anyone in future.Children or young people start taking drugs and alcohol.

I am not sure about this Can you please help me?

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: Abuse Affecting People Regardless Of Age, Culture, Gender

Post by cathiek » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi Jiya
There are various types of abuse and I think you could use that as a start in your discussion. For instance, you could start with neglect, physical abuse, psychological abuse or sexual abuse and discuss how these forms of abuse can affect many people not just of one culture, age etc.
I would say something along the lines of Neglect is a form of abuse and can be perpetrated in many different ways, such as neglect relating to food or neglect relating to supervision. This can apply across all different cultures and ages, gender etc... This could be seen just as easily with a parent neglecting to feed their child with a disability or you noticing an older child stealing food that is not his due to being so hungry. We may hear more about neglect from families from lower socioeconomic backgrounds however this does not mean children with wealthier parents are not neglected. Some signs of this neglect could be......
I thing you could probably find lots of information on all of these.

Hope this gave you a start. Good luck
Cathiek