A little stuck

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
SierrasMumma
Participator
Participator

A little stuck

Post by SierrasMumma » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCC301C ensure the health and safety of children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
8. Name the state legislation and requirements regarding food preparation cooking and handling?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
The FSANZ Standard 3.3.1- Food Safety programs for food services to vulnerable persons

Description and Message:
So I started my course last week and my book was 3 days late, My lecturer told me I needed to get a module done every two weeks so im pushing to get this all done, I cant help but think i have forgotten something

SierrasMumma
Participator
Participator

Re: A little stuck

Post by SierrasMumma » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:05 pm

When preparing food in a childcare environment a staff member must wash and sanitise hands before putting on gloves. Gloves are to be used when handling any food item

Different coloured boards are to be used to avoid cross contamination. Boards are not to be used for food items not listed in their colour

The area in which the preparation is too take place needs to be washed and disinfected,

so I also added that underneath

Lorina

Re: A little stuck

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response.

I was checking out at a Safe Food Handling Policy and within the policy it also included the following:

Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 and Regulations 2001 (NSW); Food Act 1989 (NSW).
Caring for Children: Food, Nutrition and Fun Activities, Bunney & Williams, 3rd edition, 1996;
FSANZ Food Standards Code - Chapter 3 - Food Safety Standards; Food Safety Fact
Sheets, FSANZ at: http://www.foodstandards.gov.au ;
Safe Food Australia, ANZFA, 2001;
Microwave Food Safety, Queensland Health, 2002 at: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/brochure/s ... rowave.htm ;
Dietary Guidelines for Children and Adolescents in Australia Incorporating the Infant Feeding Guidelines for Health Workers, NHMRC, 2003;
Australian Breastfeeding Association, at: http://www.breastfeding.asn.au .

Maybe you can include these points in your response as well or check them out.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A