30252A - Ways In Which Children Can Be Encouraged To Use Materials To Promote Literacy Skills

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
missjp81

30252A - Ways In Which Children Can Be Encouraged To Use Materials To Promote Literacy Skills

Post by missjp81 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:55 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: 30252A physical language and cognitive development
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
I need help with a question I have a few but i'm stuck on a few I just can't think of what they could use toy catalogues for :( the ones with the stars are the ones I need advice on TIA
Using dot points suggest two ways in which the children can be encouraged to use the materials to promote literacy skills.
2. Paper (lined and unlined, different sizes, colours, weights, textures)
3. Ready-made blank books
4. Magnet boards and alphabet magnets
5. Clipboards
* 6. Envelopes
* 7. Junk Mail Toy Catalogues
* 8. Magazines
9. Pens, pencils

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have completed all except 6,7,8
I have
• Teach about letter writing
• Teach about posting letters
• Make wish lists for Santa with cut out toys

• Cut and paste similar items
• Find familiar items games

Description and Message:
last question please help so I can submit :D
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: 30252A - Ways In Which Children Can Be Encouraged To Use Materials To Promote Literacy Skills

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 am

For envelopes you could get the children to write letters to each other put them in envelopes, write their friends name on the envelopes and post them in your class post box. At the end of the week you can sort through the mail and distribute the letters to each child.

For junk mail/toy magazines you could ask the children to choose what they like or want and get them to cut it out and paste it on paper (collage). You can title this something like "All I want for Christmas" or " if I had Lots of money" and get the children to explain why they choose the pictures for their collage. You can write their responses on their art work as well.

For Magazines you could add them on the bookshelf for children to look through along with the usual books.

Hope these ideas can get you started,

:geek:,
L.A