OUA

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
syakira
Helper
Helper

OUA

Post by syakira » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi,

Need to get your opinions on studying online with Open Universities Australia.

Is it more expensive doing the Bachelor of early childhood online.

thanks
Syakira

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: OUA

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:00 pm

All the units on OUA are through Universities so I presume the fees would be pretty much the same as if you did it direct with the Uni.
With USQ online I pay between $600-700 on one unit. A few people are doing it through OUA and can probably tell you the fees.
I just do not understand why study through OUA rather than direct with the Uni itself but that is just me!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi Syakira, 

I am currently studying through OUA. I'm doing the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (0-8 years) which is provided by Curtin University in WA. 

Besides enrolling, selecting units for the semester and paying this is done through OUA, the rest of my dealings has been directly with the university. The only problem I find with OUA is sometimes if I have an enquiry and I ring OUA they refer me to ring Curtin University because they don't have an answer. They are basically the middle people, you select the units each semester,  you pay for them through OUA and then you deal with the uni itself. 

The cost of the units are $795 for domestic students or $706 if you are using fee-help. I'm only in my first semester so I'm not sure if it will change according to the units you're enrolled in. 

Before I decided to enroll through OUA I did a lot of research in finding a suitable uni that catered to my needs. I  checked out Macquarie Uni which don't offer online,  Charles Sturt Uni only offer on campus and University of Sydney only offer the degree up to 5 years of age, whereas with Curtin it's up to 8 years of age which means you can teach in primary schools.
I just do not understand why study through OUA rather than direct with the Uni itself but that is just me

I wanted to study through Curtin University but if you contact them directly they don't offer the course online, its only available on campus, they ask you to enroll through OUA. So, overall OUA was the best option for me. Also another bonus there isn't any exams in this degree through Curtin.  
Just thought I'd share my experience with you. Wish you all the best and let me know how it goes with you.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:56 pm

I just do not understand why study through OUA rather than direct with the Uni itself but that is just me
ahhh :thumbup: thanks for clearing that up LA
the places that offer online Bach of Education are limited so you need to do your research and see what suits you etc
so far 2 of my units were $680 and one was $706

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Fefe76 and LA.

Thanks for joining this discussion. LA thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it. I just wanted to get your opinions about the course. I think I'm going to do the course at RMIT. I like to interact with other students and get help from the lecturer. I would find it difficult to study online and I also don't work at the moment.

Thank you
Syakira