Bachelor of Early Childhood ( USQ )

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Bachelor of Early Childhood ( USQ )

Post by dulciean » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:53 am

Good morning
Well I have been doing some reading and research ( what's new?) and discovered when I read the fine print that I am not actually eligible for the UNE Bachelor of Teaching degree- I would need to have been a Room Leader with my Diploma for 1 year or more to be accepted. I have been a room leader but only with my Cert III qual.
Soooo looking online and at ACECQA's guidelines I am considering applying for the Bachelor of Early Childhood program. With my Diploma I would get 8 credits applied, reducing the degree to 16 credits.
Anybody know anything about studying with USQ ? Am always keen to hear feedback and opinions . :wave:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Bachelor of Early Childhood ( USQ )

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:10 pm

USQ is a well known uni. Sorry I dont know anyone studying Bachelor of Early Childhood degree there. So are you thinking of enrolling in the Sydney campus? Not sure how big the sydney campus is. I think they are located at Surrey Hills right? Are you planning to study on-campus or distance education?

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi nat
I'm going to be doing it wholly online
Looking forward to it! :-)

law92
Helper
Helper

Post by law92 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi

I'm currently studying a bachelor of education (early childhood) through USQ and studying online. My advice would be to definitely go through USQ they are a fantastic uni in my opinion. They are very lenient with students if you fail a subject and they really want to see you succeed. they provide a lot of support to students. The bachelor of early childhood won't qualify you to be a registered teacher however. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with USQ good luck :)

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi Lucy
Thanks for the feedback
Yeah I realise the course doesn't entitle me to teacher registration but still allows employment as an ECT at a long day care centre. That's good enough for me! Glad to hear of your positive experience- certainly makes me feel more confident in this choice .
:-)