Anyone started?

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Anyone started?

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Sorry I do not understand what you mean when you say they need only 1 year.
A recognised degree is always 4 years. You would get some credit if you have completed your Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
No degrees are one year so I am very confused what degree you are looking at.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:54 pm

You may be getting confused, If you have a Diploma you will be get a years worth of study as credit so you will get 1 year OFF your 4 year degree which means you still have to study 3 years worth of subjects and if you are doing it distance and PT this will take you longer than 3 years to do.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Just looked at the UNE website and if you are looking at the Bachelor of Education (early childhood) this is the entry requirement
A candidate shall hold a three-year Bachelors degree in Early Childhood recognised by the School as suitable for entry into the course.
so its only 1 year if you have a 3 year bachelors degree in early childhood already. The one year is a follow on from their Bachelor of teaching or if you have (as it was in the past) a 3 year year degree rather than a 4 year one.

Please make sure you fully understand what you are enrolling in before you enrol.

If you tell me what previous qualifications you have etc I can help clarify this all for you as I am wondering if you are getting confused

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi there all.

Im Nearly finished with 101 and 105. Then on to 102 and 103 next SP(1).
That first one was a doosey. Still not too confident regarding my second assignments, just have to wait i guess. :think:
Howd you find it?

Andrew R

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:40 pm

What units were 101 and 105?
Im doing mine through USQ so I am sure we have v.diff units.
My 2 went ok, so far everything I got back I have passed but have 2 assignment marks yet to come so who knows!
lol, hard work ...hopefully will all be worth it !

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 pm

101 was academic skills( writing essays and reports with appropiatew references) 105 was health and physical activity( safety, matrixs' and other fundamental movement skills etc.) im pretty sure you will find theyre all the same.
But I have been known to be wrong once but that was a mistake.
Andrew R

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:39 pm

You doing it thru Open uni?
I am sure I did 101 through open uni some time back (trying to complete my science degree) ... got a HD :D on that one
LOL about being wrong (it being a mistake of course :lol: )... I am sure all in all the units would be similar but we may be doing them in a totally different order of study (is what I meant)
Well good luck with it all, if you need any help or someone to just read assignments ( i like ppl to read mine, get myself some objective opinions on things!) give me a shout, always interested to see how others write and do things, esp at uni level

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:12 am

lol

yes i am doing it through open uni aus. you can pickwhat ourder what you do the units in so there is sometimes no connection between what you learn in the next units and what has been just done. i like being able to study from home( bit hard at times(telly is on after school for an hour) ).
i will like to have my work read before i post it, thanks.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Im doing my study from home too just studying directly with USQ...likewise its hard studying after working all day and when all the good shows are on TV but I manage somehow! recording shows helps!...and cramming a weeks worth of studying into a weekend also works for me lol

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 am

So,
end of week one and ive posted one reply and just finished the reading for for the other unit. Bloody hell where did that week go? posting reply and reflection for other unit tommorrow and hopefully get the dishes done after that. Thats after taking the boy to prep and helping for an hour in the class. I get to play some developmental learning games with small groups of kids in the class. Good fun and I think the kids are just starting to get to know me. This is interesting as im probably a bit excited to see what I can teach them but I have to learn to temper my exuberance and take it at the kids pace not mine.....
Cheers
Andrew

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 pm

HI Andrew
You may find you learn as much off of the kids as they do off of you :)

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:20 am

That I do!