Critical Issues in Early childhood educational - EYLF and NQF Assignment help needed :)

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Pinklemonade

Critical Issues in Early childhood educational - EYLF and NQF Assignment help needed :)

Post by Pinklemonade » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the long post in advance! I'm currently doing a unit related to policy and politics in early childhood. I have an assignment which asks for a:

Review of a current policy issue:

*Prepare a review of a current policy issue in the early childhood education and care sector. You will need to identify and analyse the issues that underpin the current situation. Analyse how the issues are reflected in current policy documents, who the stakeholders are, and further directions for advocacy work.

My topic is: "Quality in Childcare"

I then have to:

Identify and analyse the issues surrounding my topic:

*You should develop your analytical overview of the issues by drawing on current research and professional commentary. Then you should consider how the issues are represented and dealt with on a broad scale with reference to the federal government’s broad social policy on the area, state/local government approaches and at the level of provider organisations.

The main policy that comes to mind is the National Quality Framework, which addresses the 'issues' surrounding quality in childcare. This is the federal governments broad social policy... However, I'm having trouble figuring out "state/local Government approaches and at the level of provider organisations".

I then have to look at:

Directions for further advocacy:
*You will need to investigate how policies on this issue have been developed (eg: how has research and professional commentary informed government policy), who the stakeholders are and what processes there are for their input. This helps you clearly identify what further directions for advocacy work might be.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm having so much trouble starting this report! Also, where does the EYLF come into all of this.. does it have anything to do with NQF?

Bree

Lorina

Re: Critical Issues in Early childhood educational - EYLF and NQF Assignment help needed :)

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Hey Bree,

Bit of a tricky assignment you got here but don't worry I'll try and help you out!

My topic is: "Quality in Childcare"

I found some info that I will attach that may help you out with your question regarding quality in childcare. Have a read through the attachments below and you may get an idea on what issues to discuss for this question.

[attachment=2]Draft_NQS.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=1]childcare_quality_in_childcare.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=0]national_agreement_early_childhood.pdf[/attachment]

Also, where does the EYLF come into all of this.. does it have anything to do with NQF?

The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) was released by COAG last year as the first national framework to guide early childhood educators and families in the delivery of quality early childhood education.

The new national quality standards endorsed by COAG in December 2009 require that “the EYLF (or another prescribed curriculum framework) informs the development of a program for each child” in early childhood education and care services that are included in the new national system.

Also, I am providing you a link to the DEEWR site, which has further information on Policy Agenda's for Early Childhood.

I hope the information I have provided will give you enough of an idea to get you started.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Re: Critical Issues in Early childhood educational - EYLF and NQF Assignment help needed :)

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Hey Bree,

Would you be able to tell me the module number for this assignment and whether it's for Cert 3 or Diploma?

L.A

Pinklemonade

Post by Pinklemonade » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi L.A,

Thanks so much for your reply. The links were really helpful. It's been a tough one!

The subject is Critical Issues in Early childhood educational contexts and its part of a Bachelor of early childhood studies degree.

I'm in third year and havent struggled with any other assignment until now.

Thanks again for you help :)

Bree

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey Bree,

Glad I could help you out with your assignment. :D I guess now that you're near the end of your degree, it's probably going to get a little tougher...

Thanks for providing the assignment info!

L.A

Pinklemonade

Post by Pinklemonade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi L.A,

Certainly is getting tougher :) I can't wait until it's all over. Am planning on doing my masters starting next year which will be another 18 months but will give me the option to do primary teaching.
I got a private message from someone but can't reply so if they see this thread, I'm at UWS full time on campus. Our year is the last year to do the current Early childhood studies course as it has all changed!

Thanks again,

Bree

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi i was the one who PMed you
i am starting my BEd next mnth at USQ
i will be doing all my study online though

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Hey Bree,

Well it really sounds like you are enjoying it (even though it is hard work)! The rewards will pay off once you have finished studying! :thumbup:

With the private messages you need to make a minimum of 3 posts before it enables. However I just checked and after your last post, you've reached 3 so it should be activated in your account now ... This means you will be able to send private messages via user control panel (on the top left hand side menu). Let me know if you're having any troubles...

L.A

Pinklemonade

Post by Pinklemonade » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:13 am

Goodluck Fefe, if you need any help with your uni course you can PM me and I can now reply :)

Thanks LA, you're so helpful! I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end :)

Bree