Agree or Disagree??

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Agree or Disagree??

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Australian families have changed over the past 50 years and are now very diverse. The impacts of these changes on: our society, the community, our educators and the children themselves is profound.

Do you agree? Can you respond to this statement.
It is for a uni project, I may use some answers in my paper.

Posted it here as opposed to the degree section as I want as many responses as possible.

There is no right or wrong answers btw so just write whatever you feel after reading the statement above.

Cheers
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic moved from supporting childcare workers at work

Lorina

Re: Agree or Disagree??

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 pm

I agree!

I do believe that over the past 50 years Australian families have been more accepting and appreciative of diverse cultures. Australia is a multicultural society with many families from different backgrounds, cultures and religions and this country is one of the few that have a cultural tolerance to people from all over the world (most of the time, in recent years there has been racial backlash in Australia).

In regards, to our society and the community we are becoming more acceptable and eager to experience different cultures. Many Australian families take part in multicultural festivals and enjoy multicultural cuisine.

Having educators from a diverse background shows the harmony that can exist between different people. It allows children to ask questions and inquiry to educators about where they are from and include themselves in their own cultural experience. Educators also bring in a wealth of knowledge and different experiences based on their own culture and family upbringing. Educators and children both benefit from engaging in a diverse society.

Im also adding a document called Childcare In our Society , not sure if it will help but you may be able to use some of the information from here.

[attachment=0]childcare_in_society.pdf[/attachment]
Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.