Story In A Box - Very Hungry Caterpillar

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
rocky
Participator
Participator

Story In A Box - Very Hungry Caterpillar

Post by rocky » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:35 am

A story in a box! choose your favorite story and learn it buy heart......then find simple props and a shoe box. Present to the children in group time or other times too.

The very hungry caterpillar props in a box. I made this caterpillar out of a sock! To teach children about colors,numbers and use of language this little amazing caterpillar comes in!

I saw this caterpillar hanging down from a tree, I tookit down and put it on a book to show the children, they loved touching it.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lorina

Re: The very hungry caterpillar in a box

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Fantastic idea! I really like the whole DIY thing... It's so expensive to go out and buy props for books, it's so much easier to make them.

For the food items did you just use pictures out of a magazine and laminate them?

I was just thinking you could also make these out of felt for a felt story....

I'm doing this in the future for sure!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks for sharing. What a coincidence that I'm doing the same story this week. Stealing this idea! :P

rocky
Participator
Participator

Post by rocky » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Lorina wrote:Fantastic idea! I really like the whole DIY thing... It's so expensive to go out and buy props for books, it's so much easier to make them.

For the food items did you just use pictures out of a magazine and laminate them?

I was just thinking you could also make these out of felt for a felt story....

:geek:,
L.A
I actually got the pics from the net. I think using felt is great too...its take time and a good tailor! :mrgreen: