Jehovah Witness Activities

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
britty

Jehovah Witness Activities

Post by britty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Hey guys , just wondering with christmas coming up i have a jehovah witness in my class and trying to find a activity that they can do without upsetting parents . Any activites would be helpful , and some helpful ways of telling the child why they cant do the same activity as other classmates. Thanks!

Lorina

Re: Jehovah Witness Activities

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:42 am

Here is some info I found:
Seasonal Art
While Jehovah's Witness children are not allowed to work on projects related to specific holidays, such as drawing Santa, they are allowed projects relating to the season. For example, the children can work on drawings of snow-covered mountains or snowflakes during winter as long as it is not related to the holidays.

Ref: http://www.ehow.com/info_7945618_jehova ... ldren.html

So, from what I understand, the child can do crafts however it shouldn't be directly related to Christmas itself. Maybe if you are doing christmas themed crafts with the group you can get a special craft book that the child can specifically do.

Have you spoken to the parents about what and what not this child can participate in? Also, I don't think it should be your responsibility to tell the child that they cannot participate in specific crafts. The parents should be explaining this to the child themselves.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

britty

Post by britty » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi , thanks for the hints.
The kids are doing salt dough stars as christmas orniments. I'm thinking not to make his a a orniment like the other kids( not putting a hole and string in it)
Do you think this sort or activity is appropraite? As stars are not only a christmas activity.
Any feed back is helpful

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:12 am

Great idea... I think making a star is alright... instead of making an ornament, maybe you could get him to make a salt dough star key ring for his parents. Then at the back you can write an inscription saying something like "I love you mum and dad - love your little star" - all something along those lines...

What do you think of this idea?

:geek:,
L.A

britty

Post by britty » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi thanks for all the help. I think that is a awesome idea. I love the from you little star bit...... so cute!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:53 am

Yay! Happy to hear you liked my idea... :)