Having trouble downloading online templates

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
BrendaC

Having trouble downloading online templates

Post by BrendaC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 am

Hi,
I am having trouble downloading the online templates. I keep getting a message saying I need to update adobe reader. I did this (Several times) and they still won't download. Not sure why? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I haven't had any trouble in the past downloading them.

Thanks

brooks

Re: Having trouble downloading online templates

Post by brooks » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:06 pm

im having trouble with the belonging being becoming observation wont let me add to it

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi BrendaC and brooks,

What device are you using? Is it Windows, Mac, iPad or other Devices / Operating system?

BrendaC

Post by BrendaC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:43 pm

I am using windows 8, google chrome. I can't work it out as I had no trouble downloading them before.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Since it worked before, when was the last time it worked for you? Was it from the same computer? Have you done any updates to windows or adobe reader since then before it stopped working?

When you open these templates, do you open them through google chrome or directly from the Adobe reader? How do you open it? Have you saved the template to a location on your computer and double click the filename to open directly from Adobe Reader? Let me know the steps you do before you see the error message.

BrendaC

Post by BrendaC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 pm

I am not sure when I last used them- around a month ago I think. Have been using the same computer (I even tried my daughter's computer to no avail. Not to sure about updates, as my computer automatically does them. I did have to do a systems restore a couple of weeks ago. I went to update adobe when I saw the message, but it said that I already had the latest version.

I open them directly from the link, in chrome, then the pdf starts to load, then I get the error message. I tried it in internet explorer with the same results.

I have just tried right clicking & saving to my documents, then going into my documents & it has just worked. It doesn't work if I open it directly after it has saved when the pdf comes up at the bottom of my page. At least I have now found a way for it to work!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:29 pm

BrendaC wrote:I have just tried right clicking & saving to my documents, then going into my documents & it has just worked. It doesn't work if I open it directly after it has saved when the pdf comes up at the bottom of my page. At least I have now found a way for it to work!
Glad it works now. It sounds like the browser plug-in issue which is trying to open the PDF file within the browser itself and that is showing the error since it's unable to render these PDFs inside the plug-in. If it was working before, then probably it was a recent Adobe update or browser update made some changes. It's always best to open and edit these templates directly using Adobe Reader which works much better since it's more stable and doesn't crash that often. Here is a link to our FAQ page that suggest these solutions: http://aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au/eylf-templates/faq

Thanks for updating on how it went. Cheers!

BrendaC

Post by BrendaC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:58 pm

thanks for your help, it was very much appreciated. Now I need to work out how to rotate the pictures that I upload to the templates!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:07 pm

No worries.. With the inserted image, you cannot rotate them within the template itself unless you insert a rotated photo that was already edited using a photo editing software which can be a way around it.

brooks

Post by brooks » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:33 pm

im using internet explorer and I get and adobe msg that says the document enabled extended features in adobe reader. the document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi Brooks,

1) Can you tell me if this happens to only 1 template or all templates?

2) If this only happens to some templates, can you list the templates you are having this issue with please?

3) Is it the FDC, LDC or OOSH version?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi Brooks, I did a few testing from my end and I noticed that the FDC version of 'Belonging, Being, Becoming' Child Obs template had a minor bug in it. I just fixed it and have uploaded the latest version of this template now. The LDC and OOSH version was fine so I am assuming you were having this issue with the FDC version. Please go to our EYLF Templates page and download the latest version of this template. Test it out once you have downloaded the latest file and let me know if that fixed your issue.

brooks

Post by brooks » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:21 am

thank you all working fine now