FDC Templates troubleshoot

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Dee Dee Daycare

FDC Templates troubleshoot

Post by Dee Dee Daycare » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:46 pm

I have been enjoying the use of the templates in the FDC section for just under a week. I noticed that the server was changing the other day, however since then I have been unable to save my filled out template as I was before. Any ideas? I really did love the easy format, however as I don't alway complete the form in one session I need to be able to go back in and finish my reports at a later time. Appreciate any help.

Lorina

Re: FDC Templates

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi Dee Dee,

The change in server should not affect the Online Tools forms at all. Its because the forms has not been changed / edited to cause these issues. So if you are unable to save the form, can you please confirm the following:

1) What are you doing different when compared to last time when these forms were working? Meaning, are you using a different computer? Are you using a different browser? or anything else?

2) Which form are you having issues with?

3) Did you try opening other forms such as the LDC version and see if you have the same problem or not?

4) When you say "however since then I have been unable to save my filled out template as I was before.", can you explain more on that? Do you see any errors? What happens when you click on "save" button or go to "File -> Save As"?

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Dee Dee Daycare

Post by Dee Dee Daycare » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks for the reply LA,
1. I am still using same computer and browser. Nothing changed here.
2.FDC Daily reflexsion and Curriculum plan play based are the templates that I have been using. Both I am now unable to save.
3. I have not tried the LDC templates however I will after this reply.
4.There was a save icon in the tool panel which I was able to use to save as. Now it is not there anymore. I have tried to right click and save but I don't get the save option. Print seems to be available though.

I will get back to you in regards to the LDC templates
Regards
Dee

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:53 pm

I will get back to you in regards to the LDC templates
How did it go? I am waiting for your update on this. I tried the FDC templates from my computer and I am able to save them. So let me know more once you checked out the LDC templates and I will try to help you out if you still have a problem...

L.A

Dee Dee Daycare

Post by Dee Dee Daycare » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 am

No still not able to save them. When I go to file - save as - (it appears it should save, however when you go into the folder I selected to save doc in, it isn't there. I have tried all the differnet documents. If you can do it there it must be something to do with my computer. :( I might have to get someone with the know how to have a look. Thanks for your help. Dee

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 am

Hi Dee,

Can you try this:

1) Go to Online EYLF Tools page.
2) Right click on the “Download” button of a template and download the file to your computer by selecting "Save Links As" on Firefox (or) "Download Linked File As" on Safari (or) “Save Target As” on Internet Explorer.
3) Save that file on a location in your computer.
4) Now to open this downloaded file, go to the saved location on your computer and double click on the file name to open it using the default Adobe Reader program.

Once you open it directly in your Adobe Reader (instead of using your browser), see if you are able to complete and save the form. Let me know on how you go. If you still have issues, please explain on what happened and I will try my best to help you.

L.A