TAFE flexible learning

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
margf007

TAFE flexible learning

Post by margf007 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi. I''m new to the site.so please be patient. I am a mature age student studying my diploma via tafe doing distance. as the closest is collage is 200km away. Currently I am not working in the industry, after having some sickness a few years back and have recovered decided to have ago at my diploma. I worked in-home for kids for 5 yrs before becoming sick. Just wondering if any students have the same problem that I am having lack of support from my tutor. She only works 1 night per week at tafe and doesn't answer emails any other time. I feel out on a limb not knowing what she wants re assignments. Have handed in two and got a cred and competent and now this one she says that I may have to do it a again. It was on obs and learning environments. The were no examples sent or anything. I have no support locally as it is a small town with no services. When I did my cert 3 we didn't learn this and so this is all knew and a bit daunting. I have read some examples and wrote what I thought what was required. But? ?? Any suggestions where I may find some help. Sorry for the rant,just feel giving up,after putting a lot of work into this assignment and to be told this. It may be just me but I love working with children and hands on stills seems to me the best just of knowledge and skills. May be too old. my hubby says no! 50 this year..thanks

lumamelzemm
Participator
Participator

Re: TAFE flexible learning

Post by lumamelzemm » Thu May 23, 2013 9:32 pm

All you need is
frameworks for learning and development book
this book has every thing you need to know and has lots of examples.

Lorina

Re: TAFE flexible learning

Post by Lorina » Tue May 28, 2013 5:28 am

No your never too old!

I completely understand it can be very frustrating when you're unable to contact your tutor for support. You will be able to find a lot of guidance from this forum itself and I'm happy to help whenever I can!

Diploma is different from a cert 3 and requires more assistance especially from tutors. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't receiving the help you need. Are you able to change to a different institute or another Tafe?

If you need samples of obs you can find it in this site itself under "online tools" also don't forget to ask on the forum.

It will be alright,

:geek:,
L.A