Doing diploma but not working in a childcare centre

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Bee

Doing diploma but not working in a childcare centre

Post by Bee » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Diploma in children's services
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Is anyone doing the Diploma and NOT working in a centre based environment?:

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Am asking around for advice.

Description and Message:
Hi all, i'm currently doing my first module of the diploma. I think i'm going to really struggle as i now work in an agency not a childcare centre setting. Most of the tasks seem to need such a setting...obs, setting the environment, liason with parent&staff etc. I completed cert3 in a centre but now in a carer role within the FamiliesSA...Not having access to diploma setting questions and tasks. I know i could do my best with what i've got but it seems i may have got myself in a pickle. Is anyone else doing the diploma and not working in a centre based environment with access to necessary assignment situations? There is a placement to uptake of course but i can't cram all the assignments in from that placement scene. Appreciate your take on my situation.
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic moved from Diploma - Assignment Support Forum

Lorina

Re: Doing diploma but not working in a childcare centre

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:32 am

Hi Bee,

It does benefit you when working in a childcare centre when completing your diploma but in my opinion I don’t think it’s necessary. From reading through the assignment questions on this forum itself, most questions/assignments are pretty self-explanatory or just need some general knowledge or simple common sense. You’ve worked in childcare previously so you’re not totally in the dark about what to expect with children so I’m sure you will be fine.

:geek:,
L.A

Bee

Re: Doing diploma but not working in a childcare centre

Post by Bee » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks L.A.
Appreciate your taking the time to reply. I have decided to maybe follow another path also with children...but in the youth work sector. Working with vulnerable children it seems time may be better spent investing in such a "study". I don't have much drive to go into a childcare centre and manage...not that you have to when you complete a diploma. I just hope the training agency doesn't make me pay for the rest of the course as i'm pulling out. Again, thank you for reply and hope all goes well with the rest.
Bianca.